“Pleasant Experience”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Michigan City
Nashville, Indiana
“Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn. The lobby and halls were clean. Amelia was very helpful when she checked us in. And, the entire staff was very friendly and helpful, including the second and third shift attendants.
The room was very clean, and the bed was great. The breakfast was good. I was surprised they even served breakfast because the hotel was a lot less than half full on a Sunday night. They had boiled eggs, and the usual continental breakfast items. And my favorite, they had a waffle iron with a choice of blueberry or regular waffles.
The flat screen television was very nice with a great selection of channels. The wireless connection worked very well also. I missed not having a refrigerator in my room, but they let me know this when I booked the room. So, I got everything I expected.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I would not rate this hotel as poor, but average is pushing it. The room smelled fresh, seemed to be clean and adequate. It was a smaller than average room. Breakfast was ok, I have had better even at other Comfort Inn locations. The pool was small, but it was warm - so that was nice.

This hotel has NO ELEVATOR. If you are staying for more than one night or travel heavy - keep this in mind. I have never been to a hotel before without an elevator. This is not an issue if you only have a small bag.

The pictures on the hotel website I think are accurate, however you need to make sure the picture that you are viewing matches the room you request.

In short - look around, you can probably do better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Rooms - small, musty-smelling, not very clean. Gave me a migraine - usually these are triggered by the presence of mold.

Lobby - very small, and this is where the complimentary breakfast is served. Good thing there are several restaurants close by - no room, poor food quality, dirty

Staff - not very friendly and borderline rude

2 Thank DMZ1970

Travellers are raving about these Michigan City hotels

detroit
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Positives - room was clean, smelled fresh, TV was nice, air-conditioning worked perfectly, staff was pleasant, free breakfast was ok (but very small area for guests to eat.) Would I stay at this particular location again? Probably not, due to these concerns. In every picture posted, here and on the actual Comfort Inn website, it shows a small refrigerator and microwave in the 2 queen bed room. The description of the amenities state "... refrigerator and microwave available." However, the 2 queen bed we were given had no refrigerator and microwave and none was made "available" to us. There was plenty of room for one so that couldn't have been the reason. One of the main reasons we booked this room was because of the refrigerator and microwave as seen in the photos and as described in the amenities, so, that is misleading advertising and you should definitely correct that. We had to be in Michigan City for over a week, a fridge and microwave would've definitely come in handy. Second concern is: in what world does a two story name-brand hotel *not* have an elevator? I have traveled extensively, I have never been in any multi-story hotel without an elevator, whether it is a 2 story or 11 story. Again, had we known this hotel didn't have an elevator, we would've never booked a room there. Third concern: the toilet in our room didn't flush well at all. Usually took 2 or 3 flushes just to work (..and this was a small amount of paper and after a No. 1 use.) It was a tiny toilet, like child size, and for multiple use by many people, you should probably upgrade to toilets that are more adult-user-friendly. Last concern: guest laundry was stated to be available - another reason we booked this hotel - however the dryer was "out of order." The desk clerk told us upon check in that "...it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, sometimes it takes the coins and sometimes it won't. We've called for service but they never come out." I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. If you advertise you have guest laundry, you have to make sure it works. You can't tell me there isn't a repair service somewhere near Michigan City that wouldn't like to make that service call. If you've called one, and they don't show, call another, or another, but get it fixed. I feel these concerns are valid because a guest will book a hotel based on what's shown in the photos, what it says on your website or a place like TripAdvisor and the like. False advertising is not cool and I shouldn't have to call ahead to double-check that what I'm reserving is what I get, but I will from now on because these concerns were deal breakers for us. We had just driven from another Comfort Inn in Grand Rapids, MI, and it had the fridge, microwave, elevators and a working guest laundry...as indicated in photos and amenities listed....and interestingly enough, it was $35 dollars a night cheaper, go figure.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure the amenities you want are exactly what you'll get, especially if you bo...
2 Thank lilyofthevalley4
Avon, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I didn't even make it to the hotel because the man I spoke to on the phone was extremely rude and arrogant. Doesn't customer service mean anything to anyone??? I didn't catch the guys name but I wish I had because I would be calling and complaining to his supervisors. Totally turned me off and would never stay here.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Logansport, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband and I as well as my niece and two nephews came up to Michigan City for a weekend at the beach. We had a suite and it was very large and also clean. The pool is a bit small but was fine for us and also clean. The breakfast is basic but served our purpose and had a waffle iron. Staff were friendly! I couldn't find anything bad to say. We also have stayed at many Comfort Inn/Suites as we just traveled to Florida and back with three kids and always found a nice stay!!

Bourbonnais
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Other than the room being on the small side (single queen), there was nothing wrong with this hotel at all. Perhaps it's been updated since the poor reviews--I noticed most bad reviews were either long ago or mentioned silly things like no towels at the pool or the only egg option hard boiled (did they expect omelets made to order?).

The room was very clean and comfortable, continental breakfast was plentiful (waffles, pastries/bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice).

The sink, separate from the toilet and shower, was right when you walked in the door, which is odd, but perhaps the only place to put it with the small design of the room.

Service was fine, too,