“A Lovely and Relaxing Inn”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Middlebury
Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had been to the restaurant and shops before, but had never stayed in the Inn. The furnishings and decorating in the Inn were beautiful, comfortable, and meticulously clean. We had a lovely balcony room overlooking the pond and grounds, and the only thing that marred the peacefulness of it was the view of Highway 20 in the distance. The clip-clop of the Amish buggies on the road made us feel like we were in another simpler world. The continental breakfast was above-average and served in a beautiful, sunny, and friendly setting. Just a hop skip and a jump to Shipshewana and many interesting Amish stores. We fully intend to return.

Room Tip: It costs a little more for a balcony room but is well worth it, especially the balconies that overlo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gayle M
There are newer reviews for Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here this past May and between the charm, location and cleanliness of this hotel, there's not much more I could have asked for. Except maybe to have been acknowledged? Front desk staff person clearly saw I was on line to ask a question, and proceeded to look right past me and ask the two ladies on line behind me, "How can I help you?".
They were kind enough to mention to the lady that I was ahead of them and maybe I might need help with something???

Aside from that, everything else, and I do mean EVERYTHING else, was about as perfect as a hotel can get. I'd most definitely stay again. And I'd have those same two women behind me on the line when I check in!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jzim31310
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in the heart of Indiana Amish country. Good hotel for a base operation. Would be a 4 star except for the really cheap toilet paper, no lid on toilet, and very slow WiFi. Otherwise is great. Will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank J-from-Marysville
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very clean Inn throughout with spacious, comfortable, well decorated, quiet rooms. The breakfast room was bright and cheery with good food. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pond and covered bridge. Check-in and check-out were easily accomplished.

Room Tip: Check out the variety of rooms and choose one to meet your needs. Our room had an excellent A/C fan...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The 1st time I stayed there, I did not get a wake up call. I requested one when I checked in.

The next time I stayed there, the vent on the ceiling was falling off the ceiling.

The refrigerator was very noisy.
I

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 693Kathy
Scott Z, Manager at Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello Kathy,

First off i would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your stay. It is our goal at the Essenhaus to make sure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience and we have obviously failed to do so in this case. If you would please give me a call at 1-800-455-9471 ext 422 so i can get more details about your experience. Again i apologize and i hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thanks
Scott Zimmerman
Essenhaus Inn Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had eaten at their famous restaurant many times and stayed in one of their homes (the Dawdy House), but this was our first stay in their main Inn.

This time we met some family there for a mini-getaway.

Very nice, clean & spacious. Friendly staff.

We had a 3rd floor room and it's nice with the higher ceilings and nice views.
I recommend asking for one overlooking the pond and bridge.
For a few bucks more you can get one with a balcony. May do that next time.

Nice breakfast is included, w/a comfortable and spacious dining area.

You can walk to their tasty Essenhaus restaurant, and it's a very short drive to a nice golf course (got us guys out of a few hours of shopping!).

Pleasant surprise in that they had loads of vintage autos on the beautiful grounds, the night we were there. Very fun.

Would definitely stay again.

Enjoy

Room Tip: Please see main review. Get 3rd floor, pond view, maybe w/balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PYLAF
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The whole inn is very charming, peaceful and comfortable. Great attention to detail. The flowers and quilts are gorgeous. The rooms are spacious, the grounds are well cared for and beautiful, the view is serene. Homemade cookies, coffee, tea, hot chocolate always available in the afternoon for porch sitting after busy day of antiquing. The shops are really nice and just a minute walk. Highly recommend this inn for a relaxing weekend stay.

Room Tip: The upstairs facing the ponds have a really great view, but the ground floor rooms nearest the shops...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Goshen
Best Western Plus Howe Inn

Been to Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!