“average at best”

Rulli's
Ranked #16 of 24 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband, my sister and I ate at Rulli's this past week while visiting the Middlebury/Shipshewana area. We were all hungry for italian after eating wonderful amish country food. Each of us ordered different entrees--hubby got spaghetti and meatballs, sis ordered stuffed chicken breast over spaghetti and I ordered meat and cheese ravioli. As usual, we rated our meals from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best and we concurred that 2 1/2 was the appropriate rating for our meals. The high point of the meal was the dipping oil with bread to start. As we visit this area once a year, we concluded that we would probably not be returning to rulli's anytime soon.

2  Thank IndianaLynn53
There are newer reviews for Rulli's

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Let me start off by saying that Rulli's is the only restaurant in Middlebury that serves booze. So they attract a crowd and I am sure that it is not the food. The worst italian that I have had anywhere. Middlebury is a small town with no decent restaurants, Rulli's puts out the effort but falls short of being acceptable.

2  Thank edarh
Reviewed 6 September 2010

This was a nice find for us when we visited Indiana Amish Country. First of all, almost all restaurants in the area are closed on Sunday. Fortunately, Rulli's in open on Sunday. Aside from a buffet which we decided not to do and some really good pizza, Rulli's has a large variety of appetizers, salads, soups and entrees to choose from. The very start was great. They brought out this shaker with seasoning -- obviously it had roasted garlic and other spices - they put a bunch in our butter plates and topped it off with olive oil. When we dipped the Italian bread in it we couldn't believe how good it was. It not only had a wonderful flavor but a crunchiness, as well. Awesome! My wife had the cheese pizza which was very good and I had the lasagna. The way I've always rated Italian restaurants is by their marinara sauce and Rulli's did not disappoint. Not to acidic, not too sweet. And the Italian sausage was mild and delicious. This famiiy-owned restaurant has been around for 23 years in Middlebury and by looks of how crowded it was on Sunday night it seems that it's been discovered by many of the locals. What a nice surprise in a small town.