“Much wanted break!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
McKenzie House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hi,
We really enjoyed the 1 nightstay in the smallest suite which tastefully decorated.The linen,towels and bathroom was extremely clean.You must stay for atleast two days to enjoy the calmness of the place.Our hosts Bruce &Sherry , a lovely couple with very pleasing personalitiesEnjoyed the yummy breakfast in the morning .We were welcomed by Chefs (Bruce&Sherry)wearing their aprons and lovely smiles.
Suggestions for the hosts:Please check the rooms to make it more child friendly
Include a Breakfast menu for kids
A video to be played in the room recommending places to visit in the Amishcounty .
Wishing them the very best.
Warm regards,
Navami ,Unni n Anika

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nvunika
There are newer reviews for McKenzie House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Excellent time away for out anniversary. The room was so beautiful even down to the last detail. The breakfast was very plentiful and good. We had a great time visiting w/ Bruce and Sherry. This was my 2nd trip there and I hope to go back soon!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Needed a few days away from life and this was perfect! Had the 3rd floor to ourselves, lots of relaxation and quiet. Very clean, neat, lots to do just at the house if you didn't want to venture out or the weather was bad. The hosts are wonderful people! Breakfasts were AMAZING!! only needed a light dinner later in the day which kept costs down as well. I would recommend this spot for anyone! Wonderful property and overall environment, very accomodating and fun hosts. Overall, an excellent and restful get-away!

Room Tip: second story rooms are queen beds...good for 2 Third floor suite is great for 3-6 (only one bath f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have stayed at many bed & breakfasts-this was by far the nicest B&B we have ever stayed at. very clean! And the hosts were extremely professional and hospitable. Great with our kids too. Yes we would come again, and the breakfast? Amazing!!

Room Tip: We chose the Nicole suit with three bedrooms and a living and kitchenette
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was planning on taking my fiancee to the city for diner, and overnight, when a timely email from Mckenzie House proposed a valentine package and a stay. We love the House, had been there twice before and when I saw that my favorite room situated in the house next door was available. Well needless to say, when we arrived the rose petals were leading up the stairwell through the room and onto the bed and spa tub, chocolate covered strawberries, flutes with a champagne toast etc.. was perfect, the next morning Sherry and Bruce delivered breakfast to us and it was delicious as usual. These people really know how to make you feel at home, they are friendly but not obtrusive and their Inn is first rate. I can't tell you how great this place is, with hospitality, cleanliness, tasteful decor, and great breakfasts. I even emailed Sherry prior to find a place for dinner, and decided to make dinner in the room, and she made sure I had everything I needed and brought over a gas grill for me to cook dinner.
They are first rate and Mckenzie house is one of the best experiences I have ever had with B&Bs. Thank You Bruce and Sherry.

Room Tip: I forgot the name of the room but it is seperated from the home and is on the second floor, with acc...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

A great family friendly Bed and Breakfast. We stayed here last Feb and couldn't wait to get back this year. Last year, it was just the two of us and we rented the Michelle Suite. It was soooo nice and really blew us away. We took our 7 yr old, and 4 month old, and Grandma this year and rented the Nicolle suite. Very clean and fresh decor, all the amenities anyone could want, and a delicious breakfast. It was perfect! Did I mention that I love it?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My sister and I spent a weekend in Middlebury - halfway between our homes in Iowa and DC. McKenzie House was a lovely place to stay! We had a roomy suite, complete with everything we could possibly need. Everything was impeccably clean, and was beautifully furnished. Don't miss breakfast! It was like dining in a fine hotel. Fresh fruit, pastries, french toast stuffed with cream cheese, granola, and more. Bruce and Sherry are lovely hosts - they make you feel right at home. We will definitely be back the next time we can get away for a weekend to meet in Indiana!

Room Tip: The third floor suite was terrific - three bedrooms well separated. Would be good when traveling wi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Brook Pointe Inn
Brook Pointe Inn
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to McKenzie House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!