“Our favorite B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
McKenzie House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We first stayed at the McKenzie House for our wedding night. We stayed in the Courtney Suite (The biggest room which is in a private house, complete with kitchen and jacuzzi bathtub for 2). It was amazing. Then, for the last 3 years we have made it back to celebrate our anniversary. Each time we have stayed in a different room, and each visit has never disappointed. The thing we love most about this B & B ( there are many!) is that it is such a balance of luxurious comfort. It truly feels like home, but with all the nicest things like plush towels and big screen tv's and a hot tub running year round. Not to mention Bruce and Sherry(sp?) and their gift for hospitality, especially in the food department. This truly is SO WORTH it, we hope to continue our tradition of visiting every year for years to come.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank APNienaber

Reviewed 7 January 2013

After exhausting a morning researching B & B's...I decided that McKenzie House would be our first B & B experience. This 2 night stay was a Christmas gift for my wife. We didn't know what to expect, but McKenzie House did have a lot of favorable reviews so I felt cautiously confident in my choice. We were blown away! Bruce and Sherry made us feel right at home and the accomdations were top notch. Our suite was clean and the decor was tastefully decorated. We stay in Courtney's Suite and we loved every minute. Sherry's breakfasts are the BOMB! Fresh fruit with made from scratch breakfast items that were simply AWESOME! We ate at a local Amish establishment that is known for its family style meals. I can honestly say that Sherry's breakfasts exceeded our expectation and were the highlight of our Middlebury dining. That women loves to cook and showed in the food that awaited us each morning. McKenzie House B & B was postively enjoyable...ZERO REGRETS. Good Christian people, nice accomdations and wonderful food. Thanks Bruce and Sherry we had a blast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband has taken me to B and B's for the past 5 years to celebrate my Birthday. The last 3 years I have had a favorite place, and didn't think it could be topped. This year our regular place was full, so he chose this place. Let me just say it surpassed everything we could have ever expected!!!!!! I am so in love with McKenzie House and I can NOT wait to go back!!!!!
The couple who own it are just sweet as can be. The food was AMAZING and the room was out of this world!!!!
I can NOT say enough good things about this place. Upon leaving my hubby bought me one of the coffee mugs so I could look at it every day and remember that wonderful place. I can NOT wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KymR23
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed in their upstairs suite. It wasn't huge but provided a nice common space. Very clean, cute, and comfy beds!!! Loved the couple who owned it, and the breakfast was amazing. Worth the money, better than a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank ArtisticWonderer
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Why? Everything about the stay was perfect. The rooms were so clean that you did not have to check anything else for cleanness. Bathrooms and kitchens also clean and prepared with guests in mind. My wife and I really enjoyed the comany of the owners their hospitality,

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mariusz C
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Our family visited McKenzie House in July of this year and had a wonderful time (in spite of the heat!). The accommodations and breakfast couldn't have been better. They also suggested a place for dinner in Shipshewana that was outstanding. I was in the area again in November and spent the night alone. What a relaxing time - Sherry and Bruce have it all taken care of! I plan to stay here whenever I am in the area. Many thanks to Sherry & Bruce for taking care of all the "extras."

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time staying in Michelles suite! It's perfectly designed to accommodate a small family! They have movies games and even a popcorn maker! ;-) The breakfast was absolutely delicious as well and Bruce and Sherri couldn't be any nicer! This was my third visit to this amazing sweet retreat! You will not be disappointed! ;-)

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Laura L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Brook Pointe Inn
Brook Pointe Inn
#2 of 2 in Syracuse
That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to McKenzie House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!