“Hampton's worst”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Chicago, Illinois
“Hampton's worst”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

What is going on with Hampton Inn? This one in Middlebury was a disaster. We will never stay there again. The employees were arrogant, unfriendly, and acted like they didn't want to be bothered. No amenities like most of the other Hampton Inns. Breakfast was always late. Some of the time we had to eat out due to breakfast not being reading when we wanted to leave. I surely hope Phil Cordell reads this. From now on, with the exception of the Hampton Inn in Perry FL , I am going to try at Drury Inn & Suites, a lot nicer place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray A
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I understand from your review that you had a bad experience with some of our staff members and that you felt they did not provide you with the attentive service you are accustomed to receiving from us. I truly apologize we did not provide you with good customer service. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and I can assure you that your comments will be acted upon to immediately improve our future guests’ experience. Your experience is NOT how we choose to deal wit our guests and will not occur again.

On behalf of the entire team, I thank you for your feedback an I amtruly sorry we did not succeed creating a positively memorable experience for you. Please contact me to further discuss your visit that I may make it right.. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gladwin, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

A very modern Hampton Inn. Amazing beautiful rooms. The breakfast was above average. We had slight problem with reservation and staff made it right at check-in. 100% satisfied and highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I sincerely appreciate your comments. We work very hard to honor all our guest requests and I am thrilled to find we were able to resolve an issue on the spot for you. I further appreciate that you chose to lodge with us and take the time to review us at all. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope to serve you again soon.

Boise, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very nice people and very clean hotel. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Middleburry, IN. It was extremely cold during this stay and they allowed me to plug my Diesel Truck in to keep it warm so it would start. Rooms were clean and warm and it was very quiet during my stay. Thanks!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
It is a pleasure to host all our guests, but to read praise is its own reward. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate your positive remarks. We can only hope to host you again some time soon.

Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Reservation messed up. Given a lower grade room. Still charged for the higher level room reserved. Did not have the room reserved. Clerk finally lowered the rate Breakfast ran out of items and were not replaced. Pool had an uninviting green color. Did not want to use.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank John S
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience; I would like to discuss how we can better serve you and make arrangements for a follow up stay to observe us at our best. We have made many changes in the last few months and I hope to demonstrate we are working to become better than ever. Thank you for taking time to review us and I hope we can serve you again.

United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is the cleanest smaller hotel I have been to. The comforter is very white and smells very clean. I usually does not touch hotel comforters and only use the sheet. This particular Hampton in Middlebury, IN uses a duvet. I can tell it is washed for my use. The floor and the bathroom is also very clean. For the price I pay, this is more than excellent. The breakfast is good with hot and cold choices and fruits.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

What a resoundingly positive series of remarks! I sincerely appreciate such high praise and our housekeeping team always appreciates learning they have done well. I appreciate the time you took to complete a survey and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon.

Hammond, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a very clean, friendly, and quiet place to stay. There were a lot of kids because of a science olympiad competition and the staff handled it very well. I recommend this hotel, there was a slight problem with the pool, but I don't use the pool.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay even with a children's group in the property. Youth events can always be a challenge, but we rise to those as they occur. It is always a pleasure to host you and thank you for your positive review. It makes our day.

Berwick, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a relatively new Hampton Inn and my favorite find was the room redesign. Bed was located with head against bathroom wall (vice adjoining room wall) and with foot of bed toward window. Several great things about this design: 1) Less noise from adjoining room 2) Equal distribution of heat/cold i.e. no fighting about who had to sleep by the heating/cooling unit 3) Less obstacles incurred negotiating way to bathroom in the dark 4) Both sides of the bed had bedside stands and plugs on the lamps for charging units Yea, such a simple solution to annoying hotel issues! Win Win I also loved the large bench at the foot of the bed, this allowed a place for both of use to put our suitcases without having to use the floor, chair or other flat surface that would be in the way for other things. Bathroom also had a shower cap & mouthwash both of which I normally have to request from the front desk. Coffee needs to be improved. We also stayed in a Wingate this trip and were able to make two "pots" (2 cups each pot) of coffee that were actually drinkable!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate all your kinds remarks about our room. We do listen to our guests and pass along ideas which is how we get the different generations of hotels that have all sorts of interesting design changes. It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to hosting you again some time soon. I hope we can find another in room coffee for you to try. Thank you for taking time to review our property.

omid.zahedi@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Goshen

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!