“Business trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Middlebury
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice large rooms with good wi fi service. Plenty of TV channels too. Room had a fridge and microwave which was nice. it is close to a drug store and several local eateries. This is a dry county so be prepared to go to Rulli's for a cocktail or beer. The staff here is very nice but the breakfast is not good so head out for that too. All in all its a good deal but on the high end of rates for the area. Make no mistake, you have gone back in time a bit in this area so this Hotel is probably the newest one around for miles. This area should be in the $70-$80 range for this property but it's a bit closer to the $120 rate on average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us in Middlebury. I can appreciate your thought on the quaintness of our little town. We have become a tourist attraction as a result of so much not updating and it is the main draw now. I do regret you didn't find our breakfast to your liking and I hope you might try us again to let us know we have corrected your concerns. I thank you for your positive remarks and we thank you for choosing us for your Middlebury, IN lodging.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were totally happy when we arrived and found that we had gotten the connecting rooms that we requested. We noticed that the carpet needed to be vacuumed but assumed it would be done the next day. We stayed for 6 nights and the carpet was never vacuumed in either room. One of our rooms was not cleaned on two separate days, not even the trash was emptied. We complained but were made to feel that we were at fault rather than the housekeeping staff. The fire alarm went off twice while we were in our rooms during our stay. No real apology was made for the lack of housekeeping or for the unintentional wakeup calls provided by the fire alarm system. We'll never stay at this hotel again. Poor management results in poor housekeeping.

Room Tip: My best advice would be to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dweezle4847
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I do regret your recent visit with us was not as you had hoped. We strive to serve our guests in the same manner and I apologize your room was not up to the standard of our brand. I cannot offer any excuse as that would be all it shows, but I hope you had an opportunity to read our reviews to see this is the exception and not the rule. We take our duties very seriously and I hope you might contact me to let me have the opportunity to speak with you about this. As a result of this message, I have already made some staffing changes to help prevent this issue from arising again.

I cannot apologize enough for our alarm system going off during your visit to disturb you. Our fire systems are known as smart systems that identify local and public potential fire threats within the building, but they do not differentiate between steam, smoke, or dust. We have such highly sensitivite systems to make certain our guests are not put in life threatening situations. Unfortunately, this means there are the occasions where steam or dust can set off the alarm also. While we take guest satisfaction very seriously, the only thing we can allow to trump that is their safety.

I do hope you might give us another try and let me assure you your next stay will be better than your last!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

excellent. great staff willing to help with any issues u may have. staff was cheerful and helpful through our stay.Wonderful breakfast and clean rooms and nice amenities. Great experience. Really nice travel experience. Recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank William B

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. It is always such a pleasure to hear from our guests and we always look forward to the chance to learn we did things right with our travelers.
We look forward to another opportunity to host you again and thank you for completing our survey.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a well furnished hotel with a wonderful breakfast room. Lean spacious room and bathroom. Staff were courteous and helpful. Good quality TV and internet services. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_Middlebury, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for your recent visit to Middlebury! It is a pleasure to have guests in Amish Country and we hope you enjoyed yourself thoroughly. I thank you for taking time to comment on us and notify the world you were happy with us and we definitely would love to have you out again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for a visit to Shipshewana. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well located for a stay to visit the Amish area. The only complaint we had was the comforter was too heavy and not made of cotton. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to read you were very happy with your room. I do regret you were not as happy with our duvet inserts not being cotton, but we strive to strike a balance with all guest needs. I certainly can appreciate the desire for natural fabrics. I do appreciate your comments and thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again some time soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Hampton Inn was very clean and up to date. The staff went above and beyond. The service was outstanding from the time I checked in. The breakfast was average. I've stayed at many Hampton Inn's and they could add more to the breakfast area. Used the pool and hot tub and they both clean and very nice. Room was also very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay and found us to be excellent! We are always thrilled to read when we have done our duty properly and appreciate your comments to that fact. We do look forward to hosting you again some time soon and take care.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

For the first time ever, I allowed my family to lay on the bedspreads. I usually remove them when we stay in a hotel. A note was left on each bed stating that the cover and linens were freshly cleaned for our arrival. The bed was soft and comfortable, the room cleaned and smelled nice. The amenities were all excellent except the pool was chilly but there is a hot tub nearby to warm up in. The fitness room has up-to-date equipment. The lobby has hot beverages, fruit, and newspapers available. The breakfast was excellent and the staff personable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests our rooms are clean and the entire bedding package is so well accepted. I am glad to know you felt comfortable with letting your children lay down on our duvets and I hope you enjoy the following commercial. It is the whole reason we have the notes for our guests!

omid.zahedi@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Hampton Inn Goshen
#2 of 6 in Goshen
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
That Pretty Place Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Middlebury? Share your experiences!