“great place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Have been here many times,have never been disappointed. Now they have added a lunch and dinner buffet along with the family style meal,so there are many options. Food is plentiful and delicious-chicken is the best I have had anywhere!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

this was just great comfort food with old world class and fresh taste and selection with the little store to buy gosh a lot of different stuff from food to great Christmas gifts.don't miss out on this place, I rarely give 5 stars

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We opted for the buffet, rather than family style, which is not usually our first choice. Everything we tried tasted fresh - even though we were there later in the evening. We both thought the food was better than average and would go back again. We also liked the suffused lighting rather than a brightly lit space. There was much to look at before and after our meal.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

First time I've ever had fried chicken to rival the excellent stuff my mom makes. This place had amazing great food and lovely service/ambiance.

We chose to eat in the sit down/order portion of the restaurant - the easiest way for us to control how much food we might ingest. Visited for lunch and while they were busy, it wasn't overwhelming.

Once done, we wandered next door to the bakery for what was supposed to be a 1/2 pie but which turned into a full one when hubby saw the strawberry rhubarb fresh from the oven.

We'll visit here again when in the area.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

It had been 13 years since my last trip to Essenhaus. But I was determined to return.

I craved the endless fried chicken, the creamy mashed potatoes, the noodles that melt in your mouth, the golden corn, the stuffing that overflows with goodness.

And once you've eaten yourself into a coma, there's pie.

PIE!

When you walk in here, it will feel like you've entered a dining hall at your grandmother's nursing home. But hell, if I only had a few years to live, I'd eat like this every day, too.

I don't live anywhere near Essenhaus, but I will make that long drive again. I will eat so much that years will fall off my lifespan. And it will be worth it.