“Good food in Indiana”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I went to this restaurant after going to the flea market in Shipshewanna. It is only 7 miles East of Shipshewanna on Highway 20. Easy to find. They offer two dining rooms, one for a buffet and the other to order from the menu. We chose the one with the menu, and this day was my wife's birthday. We had to wait about a half hour and were seated. Our server was Ester and she was friendly and attentive. I told her it was my wife's birthday and she said they offer a small cake for $3:00. My wife asked if they would sing Happy Birthday also, and they do. The food was ordered and didn't take too long. I ordered a rib eye steak and my wife got fried chicken dinner. That was the best steak I have had in a long time! Cooked the way I like it, seasoned slightly and tender, none of that stringy meat like most places offer. The fried chicken was moist and full of flavor. We really did enjoy this meal. Ester brought us the birthday cake and several of the servers sang Happy Birthday to my wife. We had a very good experience here and would go back again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had lunch here and it was good. Service was great. The buffet didn't have a large variety of foods, but what was there was good. The noodles are great. Was not as good as I expected. Might go there again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you like good old fashion, down home country cooking, this is your kind of restaurant!! The salad bar is AMAZING!!! We have had the family style & the buffet, both are great!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We always eat here on any trip to Napanee. Good country food. Enjoyable meals with friendly service. Love the gift shop here too.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This restaurant is obviously catering to the bus tour crowd. The property contains a mall, conference center and resort.
The restaurant offers buffet, family-style and ala carte dining. Not all the pies are included with the buffet and family-style. The menu offers good, basic food.
Our waitress was slightly distracted, and did not know very much about the pie menu, e.g. sweet or tart cherries. The pies were good, but a bit on the mushy crust and somewhat oversweetened side.
An ok stop, especially if you are in the mood for basic food.