“Great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Oh My Gosh - don't have enough space to say how much we enjoyed the food, the shopping, the bakery items! All in all a very, very nice place to visit during your stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had a quick dinner here before heading home. Did the small cream chicken and biscuit which was a lot can only imagine what the large looks like.It was so good, reminded me of my Moms home cooking. Stopped in the bakery bought loaves of different kinds of breads which are sooo good. The staff is so friendly and nice!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had the buffet. After roaming around the adorable shops, we only had a wait less than ten minutes. Perhaps, Wednesday night after the flea market and is August is a down time. It was busy but not packed.

The buffet was good. Dessert was included...if you called whipped cream, angel food cake pieces and cherry pie filling dessert. Also, offered, canned peaches and another whipped cream variation. Yes, I should have ordered a luscious pie piece but I was full, for sure.

The bottom of the billing receipt calculated the exact suggested tip of 15%, 18% and 20%. Considering it was a buffet, the waitress did being water, silverware and cleared our table. Was "her" part worth a full tip? No, shame on you Das Dutchman Essenhaus!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Everything was fresh and tasty. Was like it was just picked from the farm. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We were really impressed!

1  Thank Fran S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I took my wife here for her first time. I have had the buffet before and new she would like it. For those that have been to Frankenmuth, MI, this is the Amish version done much better. This also goes for nearby Shipshewana, it's a package deal. Anyway, the food tastes homemade. Turkey, fried chicken, roast beef, green beans with bacon, cabbage, mashed potatoes, salad bar and the list goes on. Each item a must try. I generally dislike buffets but this one is of the highest quality. They even have one booth inside of an Amish buggy, I just don't know how you can get seated there. When your done with dinner or lunch, hit the bakery for some amazing pies or other goodies. Essenhaus is a true gem. For the best deal on the buffet do a late lunch, it's a lower price but still quality dinner food.