“Still the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlebury
Country Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Middlebury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This past weekend was the 12th time we have stayed with Lori and Arnie at their beautiful and charming home away from home for us. In addition to the comfortable rooms, gracious hospitality and scrumptious breakfasts, we are treated like family rather than guests. We like it that way and will return as long as they keep the doors open. We have stayed at over 150 different B&Bs around the country and the Country Victorian is one of the very best and certainly the best kept secret in Indiana. This most recent trip was special in many ways. We had a blow out on the way to Middlebury in one of our antique cars that we were taking to a nearby car show. Since we were running three hours late, Lori called around and tracked down the proper tires for this specialty vehicle and made arrangments with a local garage for their installation while we attended the car show. That was certainly service beyond the call of duty and so indicative of their attentiveness to their guests' needs. We'll be back, for sure.

Room Tip: They are all very well appointed and comfortable, but our favorite is the English Room, since it is...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I gave this B&B a 5 star even though we didn't get a chance to stay here. My daughter and I had reservations to stay here June 22nd and 23rd. But I fell and broke 2 bones in my foot and bruised it so bad that the Dr. was worried about blood clots. So needless to say we had to cancel our reservation. When I called to explain the situation I was told that there was a 14 day cancellation time unless someone else reserved the room I would still have to pay for it. Yes I was not happy but it worked out. Thank you very much. I hope that my daughter and I will be able to take our trip later this year and we do plan on staying here.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

When you walk in you are greeted by a welcoming smile from Arnie and a view of many interesting items for sale. There seems to be something everywhere--a bit cluttered, for me, but I had read the favorable reviews and decided on staying in the English Room, good choice. It was a very clean and crisp room--with its blue and white coloring, lovely quilts, and plate collection. The small bathroom was well updated with a nice big shower, and new faucets. The inkeepers had all of the extra toiletries, just in case you would have forgotten something. All was neat and orderly! As we were working on the computers, in the evening, Arnie checked on us a few times to make sure that we had enough light, water, snack, and directions to the Italian restaurant for a late dinner. Breakfast was just wonderful. Lori fixed us a cherry cobbler, an egg dish, toast, fresh fruit, and then came a banana-cinnamon pastry. In the evening, Lori made fresh chocolate chip cookies, and there was always tea, coffee, or a soft drink available, along with some assorted snacks. Just say, you will not leave hungry! Arnie & Lori made sure that our stay was a enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: We booked the English Room, it is located on the first floor in the back of the house, away from the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2012

If you want to stay at a B&B that has that victorian charm this is the place to stay. Our hosts were great people to talk to and were very helpful. Our room was fanastic and was everything we could have asked for. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have to say, our stay at the Country Victorian was one of the most enjoyable stays we have had. We have visited many B & B's in our travels. No stone was left unturned to make our stay comfortable. We will definately return!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We felt quite at home here-everything we could want was close at hand. We stayed in the ground floor English Room which was cozy and well supplied. Breakfast was nicely prepared and tasty. Our hosts were able to spend some time talking with us and give us the history of the Inn. Noise from traffic was not a problem and the "clip-clop" of the horses pulling buggies on the street in front of the Inn added a nice feel to our stay-the sound alone is enough to help with relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was my first experience at a B&B so was a bit nervous at first but the owners put my anxieties at ease very quickly. Our room was beautiful, with everything we could possibly need or want right there. Arnie asked us about our preferences in food and drink, so it was wonderful smelling coffee brewing in the morning! The breakfast was delicious and the company delightful. We enjoyed hearing the horse and buggies going down the street. I hope all my future B&B experiences are this nice!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyGardener310
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlebury
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Elkhart
Brook Pointe Inn
Brook Pointe Inn
#2 of 2 in Syracuse

Been to Country Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!