I hit my complaints first and then on to the better stuff....
I asked for our sheets to be changed out and was refused. I realized they are on quick time demands, but not knowing why we might want/need that, I certainly would have. I even left a larger tip for the trouble with my request. I did get a genial note back, but for all the know we could have spilled something or worse. I forgot to request fresh sheets and and unmade bed - which I will do from now on... I've watched to many 'undercover' investigation shows I guess. Ick!
I will note they did not take the tip. A different hotel (chain) didn't clean the room well and still took the large tip!
Next, we actually wanted to look up a Bible verse and thought easy in a hotel! Well, not this room anyway. Found it odd that there are always Gideons everywhere, but the one time you want to look something up, there isn't one. Maybe it was stolen, damaged etc... Just a little odd and hope it wasn't some sort of bias against it which I cannot imagine as they obviously cater to many Notre Dame U. families.
Pillows are very full/firm which if you like that, wonderful, but I was prepared and brought my barely-there fluffy pillow from home. Spouse probably loved their pillows.
Parking was too full. There are a few spots that seemed like they could have got in an extra space or two, but maybe Mishawka over-regulates that type of thing.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a "We clean under here too" card under the bed!
Everything seemed cleaned and well cared for in the room and in the lobb and breakfast area.
The Deluxe One Bedroom has full range and the (regular) One Bedroom Suite has only a microwave, but that room has the large jetted tub.
Spouse was not feeling well at all when we were supposed to leave, so they graciously let us take our time.
We did not use the spa or pool or exercise equipment. I believe the equipment room was being worked on however and was for the spa only.
Extra large towels waiting in our room for the pool anyway though.
I give cleanliness an average only because of the bed/sheets issue.
Service looses a star for the same reason only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varsity Clubs is a beautiful 86 rooms all suite resort decorated with a collection of collegiate memorabilia; Located on Main St. in the heart of shopping/restaurant district. Hotel is 2 miles East of Notre Dame & 3 miles from South Bend. Each newly remodeled suite has a private living area, private bath entrance, a fully stocked kitchenette with Cuisinart appliances, & 2 flat screen TV's. The Varsity Clubs offers: a unique Indoor pool with outdoor view, 20 person spa, sauna, exercise facility, billiard table, golf green, bocce ball court, big screen TV in lobby, Stadium bar open Fri & Sat evenings & 2 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Varsity Clubs of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Varsity Clubs Of America Hotel Mishawaka
- Varsity Club Of America
- Varsity Hotel Mishawaka
- Varsity Clubs Of America Mishawaka, IN, North America