“Great stay!”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Mishawaka
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a great stay at VCA. The staff at the front desk were very friendly, the housekeeping staff were great...I even had my mattress flipped! We did not make much use of on-site amenities, as we were in and out quite a bit, but I would definitely recommend a stay at Varsity Clubs of America if you are in the Mishawaka area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Varsity Clubs of America South Bend Chapter We were very glad to hear that our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams made a great impression upon you and your family. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Coeur D Alene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed here with my daughter during a recent three-day trip to South Bend Indiana. The staff was warm and accommodating. One bedroom suite with kitchenette was perfect for our needs. Eight minute drive to Notre Dame campus. The pullout couch is extremely comfortable. Used the large Jacuzzi several times. Nice workout room. Highly recommend this place to stay during your trip to South Bend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ronald F
diamondresorts, Manager at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for sharing you and your daughter’s recent experience while staying here at The Varisty Clubs of America, South Bend Indiana Chapter. We were very pleased to read that our accommodations, activities offered, customer service, and location met, if not exceeded both of your expectations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing both of you again very soon.
Knox, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I hit my complaints first and then on to the better stuff....

I asked for our sheets to be changed out and was refused. I realized they are on quick time demands, but not knowing why we might want/need that, I certainly would have. I even left a larger tip for the trouble with my request. I did get a genial note back, but for all the know we could have spilled something or worse. I forgot to request fresh sheets and and unmade bed - which I will do from now on... I've watched to many 'undercover' investigation shows I guess. Ick!
I will note they did not take the tip. A different hotel (chain) didn't clean the room well and still took the large tip!

Next, we actually wanted to look up a Bible verse and thought easy in a hotel! Well, not this room anyway. Found it odd that there are always Gideons everywhere, but the one time you want to look something up, there isn't one. Maybe it was stolen, damaged etc... Just a little odd and hope it wasn't some sort of bias against it which I cannot imagine as they obviously cater to many Notre Dame U. families.

Pillows are very full/firm which if you like that, wonderful, but I was prepared and brought my barely-there fluffy pillow from home. Spouse probably loved their pillows.

Parking was too full. There are a few spots that seemed like they could have got in an extra space or two, but maybe Mishawka over-regulates that type of thing.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a "We clean under here too" card under the bed!

Everything seemed cleaned and well cared for in the room and in the lobb and breakfast area.

The Deluxe One Bedroom has full range and the (regular) One Bedroom Suite has only a microwave, but that room has the large jetted tub.

Spouse was not feeling well at all when we were supposed to leave, so they graciously let us take our time.

We did not use the spa or pool or exercise equipment. I believe the equipment room was being worked on however and was for the spa only.

Extra large towels waiting in our room for the pool anyway though.

I give cleanliness an average only because of the bed/sheets issue.
Service looses a star for the same reason only.

Room Tip: Odd number room for us was courtyard pool view on the interior of the U design. Would be a great wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LifeDontWasteIt
Grabill, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We found ourselves stranded in the Mishawaka, and South Bend Indiana area for one night. I looked on my Priceline app to find a cheap place to sleep. I was shocked at the prices for even a 2 star hotel. I decided to go the an Express Deal for a 3 star plus hotel for $50 something. When we arrived I was very pleased. Very cute hotel, the grounds are beautiful as well as the building. Check in was a bit confusing as we had just ordered the room on Priceline about 20 mins prior and we had to wait on their system to update. It was a very busy weekend and they were fully booked, we got the last room. There were quite a few guest in the lobby area and at the bar area just across from the check in counter. It looked like a very nice, relaxing place to hang out and visit. When we headed up to the room I noticed all the Notre Dame decor and it was just a fun environment. We were shocked as we opened the door to see we had scored a full suite. Very beautiful and tastefully decorated and laid out. There was a living area with a fold out sofa, and a bedroom with a very comfy king size bed. Everything was as clean as brand new. Nice, huge tv's in both rooms, a dvd/bluray player as well.The kitchenette was fully stocked with dishes, a coffee machine (not maker) a blender, toaster and a full set of kitchen towels. Brand new dish soap, and sponges and extra garbage bags. Too bad we were only sleeping over. The bathtub is over sized, with wonderfully working jets. I just can't say enough. We have stayed in 4 star resorts that were not this nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly, though honestly we didn't have much need to interact with them. There is a little store with anything anyone might need, asprin, snacks, bottled water, razor etc. There was a billiard table, hot tub, indoor pool. There are several outdoor activity options as well. I will be returning soon with my family. Best hotel I have ever stayed at for under $180 a night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mkokies
diamondresorts, Manager at Varsity Clubs of America, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on this forum in regard to your recent stay here at Varsity Clubs of America – South Bend Chapter. We were pleased to see you found a great deal for a one night stay here through one of our rental partners. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again, and that you are to bring your family and stay for a longer duration and take advantage all of the amenities that we have to offer!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay for the whole family. The amenities were great and it was close to everything. The setup was amazing. I would stay here again for sure! Highly, highly recomended. Had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchenette . The pull out sofa was the best ever. We slept on it and let the kids have the bed. We will be staying here again. About 6-8 minutes to Notre Dame.

Stayed March 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

So this may or may not be a hidden gem as this is my first trip to Mishawaka, IN and I know nothing about this town. But I travel a lot for work and leisure and I needed a cheap hotel as my budget was quite low for this trip. I ended up bidding on priceline and trying out my luck. I bid $50.00 for a room for one night. I ended up winning and received this hotel. I was a little worried as I never heard of this chain and it seemed like a lot of people stay here for the Notre Dame games so I'm thinking it will be a little run down. I didn't arrive until midnight and Aaron, the front desk clerk had to buzz me in. He was very nice and had a lot of answers to all my questions and very helpful with all my needs. He gave me my room key and upon entering I was very surprised at what I received. For one thing I know that when bidding so low on priceline you usually get the smallest room so unlike I was expecting I received a room with a separate living room, king size bedroom, kitchen, vanity area and bathroom. I couldn't believe for $50.00 plus tax this is what I ended up with because I know my hotel tomorrow is $75.00 and after reading the reviews I'm dreading changing hotels. This room isn't over luxurious but it is clean, large and very accommodating with a refrigerator, microwave, 2 TV's and coffee maker. Also, if you are one of those people who like to take baths, which I am not, they have a very large bathtub with jets. My king size bed seems comfy and they have nice large pillows unlike most Holiday Inns who have those tiny pillows. On my bed was 4 very large pool towels which most hotels either don't put those type of towels in your room or they are very small and thin which these were not. I'm very satisfied with this hotel and wish I would come across more of these hotels in my travels. I highly recommend this place but I'm also here on a non-game night so I don't know if that would be a completely different experience or not. But a side note if you are a Notre Dame fan than you will love all the decor. And the only complaint I have is that they don't have any outlets by your bedside to charge your phone, but that unfortunately is a lot of hotels.

Room Tip: I was in room 226 and had no problems.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank spicytravelasian
new
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

very clean, old fashioned and very nice views from windows I enjoyed staying here with our hockey team my son loved it and my 12 year old daughter loved it as well. I enjoyed the pool; not to cold and not to warm.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka
Inn at Saint Mary's Hotel & Suites
Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel South Bend

Been to Varsity Clubs of America? Share your experiences!