“Don't waste your time”
Review of Villa Macri

Villa Macri
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Macri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 198 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Niles, Michigan, United States
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We will not be back. Two years ago I promised I'd never return, as I was charged $12 for what was clearly a frozen pizza. I decided to give them another chance tonight, and, before I was given my main course, I noticed the following problems:

-No silverware or napkins on the table (didn't get any until our appetizers were getting cold)
-Empty soap dispenser in the men's room
-Leaking ceiling in the lady's room
-Ten minutes after I ordered, I was informed that, though it is still on the menu, the dish I ordered is no longer available.
-The dish I asked for instead, the Villa Alfredo, is not worth the $18 I paid for it. If I bought it as a TV dinner I would have found it acceptable, but I only ate about a third of it before I gave up. The meatballs on it were OK.
-The service is slow, and while she wasn't rude, she also seemed unconcerned with our experience.
-The decor is kitschy and overstated.

I suggest going anywhere else: this place is not worth your time or money.

• Visited May 2013

Granger, Indiana, United States
“Tri Delta FD Dinner”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our group of 11 ladies enjoyed the relaxed surroundings, the beverage service, food, & being able to be seated in a quiet area of the restaurant so we could conduct a meeting, too.

Visited November 2012
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Good for watching sports”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Really liked their pizza and mozzarella sticks. They have an awesome area for watching sporting events.

Visited April 2013
Northeast
“We'll never go there again - inhospitable!”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We went to Villa Macri for Easter brunch. It was last year, but the ownership is the same, so the review is still accurate of the experience you might have.

The food was good, but not great for the price (nearly $20). It is not very hospitable when coffee is not included with a buffet price in that range. They also had an attractive mimosa bar -- again, for an extra fee. At a buffet, don't offer mimosas if they're not included (as they very often are). A neighbor had told me that Villa Macri had caprese salad and slices of calzone (or something similar) at the previous year's brunch. No sign of them this time, unfortunately. The highlight was a selection of delicious pies such as peanutbutter cup and Snickers.

There was an attractive older woman swanning about during the meal, a manager of some sort. She fawned gushingly over affluent-looking guests but ignored the plebians like us and the rest of the guests.

But the reason that we will not go back is that, at the end of the meal, a teenie bopper from the hostess stand, who looked all of 16 years old, popped up at our table. She told us that the meal seatings were blocked out in time slots and that ours was over. (We had in fact been there a long time -- about an hour and a half.) She told us that if we wanted to continue to stay, we would have to pay for the buffet all over again! Otherwise, we should hit the road.

This seemed outrageous to us. We had brought out-of-town guests whom we hadn't seen for a long time. We were enjoying sitting at the table talking. If the restaurant had been filled to bursting, I might have understood. (But there were many empty tables - -it's a large space.) If we had been somehow loud or otherwise disruptive, I might have understood. (We had not opted for the mimosa bar nor any other alcohol nor were making any noise except for quiet conversation.) And we were being thrown out of Easter brunch by Hannah Montana.

If the manager had wanted us to leave, she should have swanned over in person to explain it to us with a regretful, graceful apology instead of cowardly sending over Hannah. (And should not have suggested the possibility of paying a second time for the same buffet in order to retain the table. That is beyond ridiculous -- it's insulting.) Maybe they had pre-assigned our table to a soon-to-arrive party with a reservation? Even if that were the case, simply give one of the many empty tables to the new party and leave us to chat in peace. This was a jarring, rude, inhospitable end to the meal. We will never go back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank DisneyWorlders
Bloomington, Indiana
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

How often do you dine out and not find one thing, not one tiny thing wrong with the restaurant? Well that was the case for us at Villa Macri. We were in town for a few days and needed to get away together for some alone time. Our friend recommended Villa Macri and we are so glad that he did.

Service was outstanding. The menu had so much to offer, and the specials made it even harder to choose. Wine flights were something we had never had before and enjoyed very much. We ended the evening with Gelato that was out of this world.

• Visited January 2013