I try to post my comments as fairly as possible, because even the worst experiences have something good in them. Such is the case here. It was my first time at this property and it will not attract me back. Other reviewers have posted issues with the decor, so I won't say more about that. However, other issues do merit your considerations. First, I would recommend staying only on the top floor. You can hear every thud of every footstep above you, and for us this was all day and all night. You can also hear your neighbor's phone conversation, so be careful, as they can hear yours. We suffered from no hot water both mornings we stayed at the property. I guess you have to get up "pretty early around here" to get some. We had issues trying to stay warm as well. The thermostat seemed to be working but it really wasn't. Our complaint yielded us an offer of a different room or a stack of blankets. We opted for the blankets as everything was unpacked and we didn't have time to repack and move. An engineering visit might have been a better solution. Our bathroom was not the cleanest, as we found hair in most places it shouldn't have been and would have been easy to spot and clean up. As far as breakfast goes, it's your standard moderate priced-hotel offering. On our visit to breakfast, they seemed to run out of decaf. Not sure how that happened with Meijer across the street, but they did. I can say there were enough hangers for two, the keys worked without issue and the hotel did not smell badly once you were away from the highly chlorinated pool. While our concerns were not well addressed, the front desk staff did comp one of our room nights. We would have rather had solutions than money, but we appreciated the gesture. Located in a retail area, which includes restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly-renovated! The SpringHill Suites South Bend Mishawaka has completed a renovation! Located just east of downtown South Bend, our hotel features stylish new furnishings and oversized suites that are 25% larger than hotel rooms at other Mishawaka hotels. Guests appreciate the easy access to the University of Notre Dame, Potwatomi Park Zoo, and University Park Mall. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet then get in a workout at our 24-hour fitness center. Families love our indoor pool and outdoor patio space. Every suite offers convenient perks including separate living area with comfy pullout sofa and wet bar with microwave and mini-fridge. Choose the SpringHill Suites South Bend Mishawaka and enjoy spacious guest rooms and terrific service that stands out among Mishawaka hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SpringHill Suites South Bend Mishawaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites South Bend Mishawaka Hotel Mishawaka
- Springhill Suites Mishawaka
- SpringHill Suites South Bend Mishawaka IN, North America