“We love Sunny's”

Ranked #13 of 214 Restaurants in Mishawaka
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sunny’s Korean Restaurant has been operating in Mishawaka since March of 1992. For nearly 20 years we have had the pleasure of sharing with the community homemade, fresh, healthy, and delicious Korean cuisine. ‘Sunny’, who hails from South Korea, fuses her style and creativity into traditional Korean dishes delivering something special in every bite. All items can be ordered mild, spicy, or hot according to your liking and include no MSG.We offer an ‘All You Can Eat’ buffet on Friday & Saturday evenings (5p-9p), featuring a 2 or 3 meat special for $16.95 & $24.95. Included is your choice of Soup, Appetizer, Side Dishes, Steamed Rice, and 3-4 Entrees.Reservations & Big Parties are Welcome. Catering, Private Parties, and Cooking Lessons Available.We look forward to seeing you for lunch or dinner soon!
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We eat at Sunny's every chance we get. Sunny is very personable and always comes out to greet guests. We prefer to go between lunch and dinner rush so we can visit. I always feel like we're eating at Sunny's house instead of her place of business. The food is always fresh and delicious. Sunny makes the best winter Kimchi I've ever had. She also offers cooking classes for those interested in learning how to cook Korean food at home!

4  Thank NLud

Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

Wanted to try Sunny's for awhile and on this Friday evening took a chance for some takeout. According to my better half the place is a little dated and could use some music. Also paper bags leaked in car on way home. Besides these small complaints, the food is great. Overordered so the bill was large but got plenty of left-overs for the weekend. Next time we want some fresh and spicy fare, Sunny's has proved they can take care of us.

3  Thank sunshineandbiscuit
Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

I have been eating at Sunnys since her restaurant was in North Liberty. The Kim Bob is wonderful and we always have to get a second order because it is gone so fast. My favorite is the Bi Bim Bob. Huge bowl of goodness. If you are expecting "food court" taste, you won't get it here. It is authentic Korean. Always good always fresh. Well worth a trip.

2  Thank seashll59
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Great food! Inexpensive, huge portions and delicious!

3  Thank K M
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for coming by! We are so delighted to know you enjoyed it :)

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We love Sunny's Korean Garden. It is small, locally owned and unique. The recent patio updates makes it even more appealing while the weather is still warm.

The hours are limited, but regular. There is usually only one server on, but the place is small, so it is sufficient. He is always personable and attentive.

The food is delicious. I love the little appetizer dishes of bean sprouts, radishes and potatoes that come with your meal. My only complaint is that sometimes they are out of sprouts, and its my favorite one. On my last visit I tried the Zucchinni Pancake and it was delicious! My husband's favorite is Bi Bim Bob.

Sunny also makes homemade cheesecake, but I am always too full to partake. My friend had a piece last time we were there and there was not a bite left for me to try.

Sunny's is not fancy, but it has a great atmosphere, is always good, reasonably priced and Sunny always makes you feel welcome. I would love to see this place move up in the favorites because it would be well deserved.

7  Thank SooBee