“Great customer service”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Merritt Island, Florida
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked this room a month before our daughter's graduation from ND. The room rates were very high but we read the good reviews and needed to find a place close to the university so we went ahead and booked our stay. One day before we were to arrive, I looked online and found that the prices had changed but realized I could not cancel my prior reservation w/o a penalty. We got to the hotel and were given an upgrade which was not what we were looking for (Jacuzzi in the room). When we got back home, I emailed my concerns and the GM immediately got back to me and offered to reduce my rate to what it would have been if I had booked the day before we arrived. This is CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will be happy to stay at another Country Inn Suites the next time I travel, especially if they all look at customer service this way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose this hotel as a stopping point to rest during a longer trip. We discovered a very friendly staff, impeccably clean and quiet property, comfortable furnishings, convenient microwave/minifridge/coffee pot, and a location that was very close to lots of eateries and things to do and see. We wished that we had thought to pack swimwear as the pool looked nice. We used the wifi and the signal was great.

The main downfall of the property is that it has no elevator. This was not mentioned on the website that we used to book our room. We were also in the room that is located above the building's main entry door to the lobby, which means that our window had a full view of the roof of the overhang -- not so pretty.

Overall, a good stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 201 is quiet and has a strong wifi signal, but there is no elevator to the second floor and thi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mishawaka
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much. Clean and quiet after we changed rooms. They were most accommodating in our request to change when we realized we were going to be next 4-5 teenage girls. Only negative is that we were told, since we booked through on online site other than County Inn's site, that we would not be credited for this stay on our club card. As far as we are concerned, Carlton was paid for the stay and we should receive the credit points. If they had offered the price we paid, we would have booked through them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The room was comfortable & clean, and the wifi signal was strong.
The wall-mount hairdryer only had 1 functioning temperature setting, but a handheld one was provided when I reported the problem.
The fitness center was a disappointment: stationary bike had 1 leg balanced on a plastic drink cup lid, & the treadmill was stuck in the highest elevation/grade (so, unusable). The latter was very disappointing since I specifically asked about fitness center access/hours & treadmill availability when I checked in.
When I reported that the treadmill was broken, staff said that the nearby Holiday Inn Express would let me use their fitness center. When I showed up to use it, HI staff said they knew nothing about it, but were gracious & gave me access.
I realize that they provided an alternative to the broken fitness equipment, however if I had been informed me that the treadmill was broken & guests would have to drive elsewhere to exercise, I would have immediately checked out.
Lesson learned: before I check-in to ANY hotel, I will confirm that the fitness center equipment is working.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Indiana
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I got a night for my daughter to swim for her birthday. The pool heater was not working well so the pool was a bit cooler than you would expect. We were told up front and it wasn't a big deal anyway. It wasn't cold, just not hot.

The room was fine. The beds are a bit stiff, but my back likes that anyway. The pillows were soft, not lumpy. The TV was a decent size. I have no coplaints about the room. The staff was very nice. The check in person was very nice and housekeeping was friendly and talkative when we passed her in the hall.

We had a good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed at the Country Inn for a quick overnight. Was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel. Lobby was comfortable and cottage like, room was large and clean. Internet was free and worked fine in my room. Overall would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TCGM120, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent review. I know there are many places to stay in Mishawaka, that's why we take pride in offering a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate you taking the time to notice our efforts. Sometimes it can be frustrating receiving negative reviews, but it always gives us a boost when we recieve reviews like yours. We will continue to offer a quality product complete with exceptional service at an affordable price for our guests. We hope you stay with us again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area around the hotel. Sitting area in lobby was very cozy. the location of this hotel was very good for us as we where on the Hwy every day. We will stay were again .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends