“No smoking room.....smokey”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

For 75 bucks a night it probably isn't worth complaining but our no smoking room had defiantly been smoked in. There were several people in our group that asked for a room change because of the same issue. Tornado sirens went off at 12:30 AM- when we went downstairs (clearly alarmed) to determine what precautions we should take the young lady at the desk was beyond nonchalant and gave us no advice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TCGM120, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your stay here in Mishawaka. Unfortunately, someone must have chosen to smoke in our non smoking rooms the day before your arrival. We do our best to remove the smell when this happens, but sadly sometimes we cannot get all the smell out before a guaranteed reservation arrives. We will endeavor to make sure that this does not happen again. We will also make sure that our staff is more helpful in a stressful situation like the one you encountered with the storm. I would again like to apologize, and hope that if you are in the area again you give us another change to wow you.

Tony Gartee
Front Office Manager
Country Inns & Suites
120 W University Drive
Mishawaka, IN 46545
P:574-271-1700
F:574-243-1432

Reviewed 12 June 2014

While the decor is outdated, the place is very comfortable and definitely worth the price. It was the best deal in town for a crowded graduation weekend. The furniture is clearly from a different time period but nothing was falling apart and the bed's were comfortable. There is no elevator, but the young men at the desk were quick to offer to carry any bags to any guests' room. Our room had a huge jacuzzi tub in the bedroom and a complete bathroom with a shower and tub in the bathroom. The room was very spacious, but there was only a desk chair for seating besides the bed. There is also a pool inside the hotel, although it was slightly odd that there were swim lessons for children going on. Overall the place is convenient and clean and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaitlin S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Most helpful reception welcome, with staff ready to engage and converse with their customers and guests. Great recommendation given for Corndance restaurant locally - see separate review.

Comfortable 1 bed suite, only criticism was that 128 is the furthest from reception and wifi just did not make it to the bedroom part of the suite. Advised management who no doubt will try to address this problem.

Excellent breakfast available, comfortable seating area, swimming pool at your disposal - you could do well staying here - we did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked this room a month before our daughter's graduation from ND. The room rates were very high but we read the good reviews and needed to find a place close to the university so we went ahead and booked our stay. One day before we were to arrive, I looked online and found that the prices had changed but realized I could not cancel my prior reservation w/o a penalty. We got to the hotel and were given an upgrade which was not what we were looking for (Jacuzzi in the room). When we got back home, I emailed my concerns and the GM immediately got back to me and offered to reduce my rate to what it would have been if I had booked the day before we arrived. This is CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will be happy to stay at another Country Inn Suites the next time I travel, especially if they all look at customer service this way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose this hotel as a stopping point to rest during a longer trip. We discovered a very friendly staff, impeccably clean and quiet property, comfortable furnishings, convenient microwave/minifridge/coffee pot, and a location that was very close to lots of eateries and things to do and see. We wished that we had thought to pack swimwear as the pool looked nice. We used the wifi and the signal was great.

The main downfall of the property is that it has no elevator. This was not mentioned on the website that we used to book our room. We were also in the room that is located above the building's main entry door to the lobby, which means that our window had a full view of the roof of the overhang -- not so pretty.

Overall, a good stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 201 is quiet and has a strong wifi signal, but there is no elevator to the second floor and thi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much. Clean and quiet after we changed rooms. They were most accommodating in our request to change when we realized we were going to be next 4-5 teenage girls. Only negative is that we were told, since we booked through on online site other than County Inn's site, that we would not be credited for this stay on our club card. As far as we are concerned, Carlton was paid for the stay and we should receive the credit points. If they had offered the price we paid, we would have booked through them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The room was comfortable & clean, and the wifi signal was strong.
The wall-mount hairdryer only had 1 functioning temperature setting, but a handheld one was provided when I reported the problem.
The fitness center was a disappointment: stationary bike had 1 leg balanced on a plastic drink cup lid, & the treadmill was stuck in the highest elevation/grade (so, unusable). The latter was very disappointing since I specifically asked about fitness center access/hours & treadmill availability when I checked in.
When I reported that the treadmill was broken, staff said that the nearby Holiday Inn Express would let me use their fitness center. When I showed up to use it, HI staff said they knew nothing about it, but were gracious & gave me access.
I realize that they provided an alternative to the broken fitness equipment, however if I had been informed me that the treadmill was broken & guests would have to drive elsewhere to exercise, I would have immediately checked out.
Lesson learned: before I check-in to ANY hotel, I will confirm that the fitness center equipment is working.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business