“Average Comfort Inn”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Mishawaka
Kettering
“Average Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

As a choice privilege rewards member, I stay at many types of Comfort Inn's, the one in Mishawaka, is conveniently located, by the mall and eating establishments, as well as Notre Dame. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfy.The staff was friendly and the pool was packed with kids.The breakfast was just ok and could have been better, like some type of meat to go with the little eggs, the biscuits and gravy were not the best. Overall this Comfort Inn is average, but I expect more from the Comfort Inn's than do most people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank foto_johnyoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Pool looks like a dirty bath with a ring around it. Vending machines are broke half the time. Ran out of breakfast! Toilets are always running. Non smoking rooms smell like smoking. Owner of hotel don't care about nothing but the money; can care less about customers happy. Front desk people are great as well as housekeepers. I believe customer service would be better if they got paid more. Elevator is loud. Some rooms Windows have no screens. Old televisions. Don't let the lobby fool you like it did me.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank unknown1212

Travellers are raving about these Mishawaka hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We booked this room for when we traveled for a wedding. We were not at the hotel much but when we were there it was very nice! The rooms were spacious and very clean. We had an issue with our bathroom and they came and took care of it immediately! The food the next morning was great!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Fraser, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

They lost our reservation, so they had a room with a king sized bed and sofa sleeper to offer us. We shared the room with my in laws and they had the king sized bed and my wife and i slept on the sofa bed. It was so uncomfortable that we moved the mattress to the ground (not the ideal sleeping arrangements for someone who was getting ready to run a half marathon in the morning)! We had to go downstairs to have them turn on the air-conditioner. Seems that overall this place is poorly managed and their employees are poorly trained.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris K
Oakdale, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

We book this hotel using Choice Points during a ND football weekend. The room was large, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast area was immaculate. The attendant for the breakfast area was extremely diligent in making sure the food items were well stocked and the entire breakfast area sparkling clean. (I wished that I could have convinced her to come back to Connecticut to help me tidy up my own kitchen.) The hotel's location is convenient to Notre Dame and numerous shopping centers. The desk attendant was helpful and friendly with our requests. My husband and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lauracheaptraveller
Fowlerville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

This place is run down! Water has a brown residue, outside looks ok but don't be fooled. The toilet is always running, mold comes from the ice machine, trim falling off in rooms, wall paper has bubbles all over, TV is still a tube,and worst of all has a weird smell in the hotel, unidentified! Maybe change it to a doggy hotel or a half-way house for crack heads!

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Grand Island, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for a week because she and her team were competing in a national competition. This competition is at Notre Dame campus every single July, so I guess the hotels feel they can jack up their rates without regard for the quality of their establishment. We had a group reservation that specified Non-smoking rooms; however, when we checked in we were told that they "had no non-smoking rooms available for us". The party that checked in right after us was assured that "they definitely had a non-smoking room available for them". Later we found out that many of the rooms had been recently renovated, but our group was banished to the old, non-renovated, yucky rooms. Believe me, we are not a rowdy bunch who is going to trash the place. When we get back to the hotel after 12 hours (or more) at the competition, no one is interested in anything other than sleeping. Anyway...our room smelled terrible. I bought Lysol wipes and febreze but it didn't seem to help the smell. The bathroom was not very clean, the grout was all flaking up and the floor was very sticky all of the time. Neither of the phones ever worked. When I went to the front desk to ask for a wake up call the first night but explained that the phones were dead, the desk clerk couldn't seem to understand that the wake up call wouldn't work if the phones were dead, no matter how I tried to explain it to him (really?). Our TV worked some days and not others. The only way to get an entire wall of outlets to work was to leave on the light by the door, which is too bright to leave on at night, so we effectively had no outlets. Breakfast was not very good at all. Most of the staff was unfriendly. Should I keep going? The only good thing I have to say is that I thought the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank megd888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North
Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
Varsity Clubs of America
Varsity Clubs of America
#3 of 15 in Mishawaka
Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Comfort Suites University Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!