“Nothing to complain about!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I spent one night at this Comfort Inn and I shall go there at once if I am again in the South Bend area. I had a suite on the third floor, well-equipped and comfortable and surprisingly low-priced.
Although the inn is on a main road, at a junction with a major highway I was not disturbed by traffic noise. I slept well and had a good breakfast in a well-appointed and clean dining area.
Anyone familiar with Comfort Inns will understand when I say that this is one of the better ones. I have read the reviews of other travellers, some of whom criticise the staff, defective toilets and dirty pool; frankly I suspect that some of them have made a mistake about where they stayed as they don't sound like the inn I visited.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 May 2012

As a choice privilege rewards member, I stay at many types of Comfort Inn's, the one in Mishawaka, is conveniently located, by the mall and eating establishments, as well as Notre Dame. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfy.The staff was friendly and the pool was packed with kids.The breakfast was just ok and could have been better, like some type of meat to go with the little eggs, the biscuits and gravy were not the best. Overall this Comfort Inn is average, but I expect more from the Comfort Inn's than do most people.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank foto_johnyoc
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Pool looks like a dirty bath with a ring around it. Vending machines are broke half the time. Ran out of breakfast! Toilets are always running. Non smoking rooms smell like smoking. Owner of hotel don't care about nothing but the money; can care less about customers happy. Front desk people are great as well as housekeepers. I believe customer service would be better if they got paid more. Elevator is loud. Some rooms Windows have no screens. Old televisions. Don't let the lobby fool you like it did me.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank unknown1212
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We booked this room for when we traveled for a wedding. We were not at the hotel much but when we were there it was very nice! The rooms were spacious and very clean. We had an issue with our bathroom and they came and took care of it immediately! The food the next morning was great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

They lost our reservation, so they had a room with a king sized bed and sofa sleeper to offer us. We shared the room with my in laws and they had the king sized bed and my wife and i slept on the sofa bed. It was so uncomfortable that we moved the mattress to the ground (not the ideal sleeping arrangements for someone who was getting ready to run a half marathon in the morning)! We had to go downstairs to have them turn on the air-conditioner. Seems that overall this place is poorly managed and their employees are poorly trained.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We book this hotel using Choice Points during a ND football weekend. The room was large, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast area was immaculate. The attendant for the breakfast area was extremely diligent in making sure the food items were well stocked and the entire breakfast area sparkling clean. (I wished that I could have convinced her to come back to Connecticut to help me tidy up my own kitchen.) The hotel's location is convenient to Notre Dame and numerous shopping centers. The desk attendant was helpful and friendly with our requests. My husband and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lauracheaptraveller
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This place is run down! Water has a brown residue, outside looks ok but don't be fooled. The toilet is always running, mold comes from the ice machine, trim falling off in rooms, wall paper has bubbles all over, TV is still a tube,and worst of all has a weird smell in the hotel, unidentified! Maybe change it to a doggy hotel or a half-way house for crack heads!

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express