“Convenient. Clean.”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Fairfax, Virginia
“Convenient. Clean.”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Convenient location. Just off the interstate but not directly facing it. Well maintained. Decent parking but a bit tight. Many fast food choices in immediate area. Asked for and received a room not facing the interstate. Quiet. Clean. Decent indoor pool. Skip the breakfast....less than appetizing or nutricious. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 April 2013

On our second night of out trip from WV to MN we stayed here. The room was okay but nothing to write home about. Breakfast is served until 9:30 a.m. and we managed to get down to check it out... we should have stayed in bed! After our previous night's stay in Streetsboro, OH, breakfast was El-cheapo. The eggs were the pre-frozen patties that they nuke to heat up, the meat of the day was sausage gravy. There were no potatoes that I could find. The orange juice was only slightly watered down and the coffee was just okay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This adventure started with a front desk person complaining about her job. Then we go to our room and it smells of fresh marijuana being smoked. We then went to the bathroom and no toilet paper. We had to walk down and get our own. Then at 9pm we tried to use the hot tub. The hot tub was ok but it would not drain. We went to said attendent and told her the problem.She became very upset like we were the problem. She camd down to room to use scissors to try and force the drain. She said she dididn't want to wake up maintenance. I offered to get a flat head screw drivwr and do it myself. Fine she said and complained a little more about her job. The morning of check out the server for breakfast complained about vomiting and diarrhea all morning. Also complained she couldn't keep up. Breakfast was poor at best. Then we go back t ok the room to turn on heat and it's broken. I personally called the desk to talk with her and she said what do you want me to do? I said forget it we will just freeze and i'll call the manager in the morning. She was ok with that. Really? I would say very badly run and kept at the least.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ronald4724

Travellers are raving about these Mishawaka hotels

Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Had a great visit during a Notre Dame football weekend. Close to campus, well kept facility, and a large room for 4 of us to comfortably sleep. It's not fancy, but seems well cared for. The elevator seems to have been either moved or an afterthought since it is sort of hidden in the hallway -- but safe and functioning. Friendly-enough and helpful staff. I would love if they would put in some automatic doors in the front to make it easier to enter/exit with luggage... beyond that it's in a great location, near restaurants, mall, and interstate/toll road... and of course, the gorgeous Saint Mary's College and Notre Dame campuses! If anyone found the leftover Bruno's pizza we left in the fridge by mistake, I hope they enjoyed it!

Room Tip: we liked the suite with a queen bed, sleeper sofa and kitchenette. We could even fit a roll-away in...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I stayed one night. The bed was wonderful! Our room was spotlessly clean and the breakfast had a large variety of food to choose from. Friendly staff and convenient location for us. We were very satisfied! Will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pay_less600
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Two individuals with whom I attended a conference hosted in this hotel had to receive medical attention due to the poor air quality in the building brought on by the use of toxic cleaning chemicals and improper air circulation in the conference room. This hotel is dirty (carpet stained, common areas unclean, air quality dangerously poor) and I know from personal experience that staying here can be dangerous to your health, particularly if you suffer from asthma or other respiratory issues.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Elizabeth G
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I spent one night at this Comfort Inn and I shall go there at once if I am again in the South Bend area. I had a suite on the third floor, well-equipped and comfortable and surprisingly low-priced.
Although the inn is on a main road, at a junction with a major highway I was not disturbed by traffic noise. I slept well and had a good breakfast in a well-appointed and clean dining area.
Anyone familiar with Comfort Inns will understand when I say that this is one of the better ones. I have read the reviews of other travellers, some of whom criticise the staff, defective toilets and dirty pool; frankly I suspect that some of them have made a mistake about where they stayed as they don't sound like the inn I visited.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North
Varsity Clubs of America
Varsity Clubs of America
#3 of 16 in Mishawaka
Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Comfort Suites University Area

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!