I spend about half my year staying in hotels for work, and it is always a welcome surprise to find one that makes you feel AT HOME!
This hotel recently was completely renovated and joined the Best Western family of hotels. Everything inside is BEAUTIFUL, from the lobby, to the commons/breakfast area, to the gorgeous pool and workout room. They have one of the BIGGEST, coolest hot tubs that I have ever seen!
With all new EVERYTHING (carpets, furnishings, etc) the place is spotless and very comfortable. Again, I sleep in a LOT of hotel beds... the bed and pillows are VERY comfortable. Sometimes you will find good pillows and a lousy bed, or vice-versa. Their combination of bedding makes for a very good sleeping experience!
Their internet service is fast. The only negative I have here is that there are no hard wired network jacks in the rooms, so if you travel with an Xbox or other gaming system, you will need wifi capability. The staff can help you set up your gaming system to use the wifi, if need be.
The staff is very friendly and willing to bend over backwards to help in any way they can. The neatly kept breakfast bar is what I call "typical" hotel breakfast fare, but there was more than plenty, hot things were hot, cold things were cold and everything was tasty.
The hotel is located near SHLOADS of shopping opportunities... I won't even try to mention all of the stores nearby. Let's just say if you cannot find it here with a few blocks, you probably don't need it! There are also a zillion dining opportunities, ranging from fast food and family fare, to more upscale fine dining.
Locating the hotel can be a little tricky, but should not dissuade you from looking at this place as an over-night or get away weekend, and especially not if you are traveling for business! It is located behind another hotel and they share a driveway.
It is also located a short distance from Notre Dame.
I highly recommend this place, and will always stay here when I am in this part of Indiana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn is minutes from Notre Dame and downtown South Bend. We have put over $1M into our renovation to become an impressive new Best Western Plus. Enjoy some of the areas shopping and restaurants. If you are just looking to take in the beauty of northern Indiana, we encourage you to soak in some history at the Studebaker National Museum and visit the stunning Shiojiri Niwa Gardens. Local to the hotel is shopping, roller skating, discount movie theater, upscale dining, miniature golf and much more. Downtown South Bend, only minutes away, offers the beautiful Morris Performing Arts where there are always wonderful performances, you can enjoy the walk along the river or if you are more social, there are jazz clubs, Irish pubs and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn South Bend/Mishawaka Hotel Mishawaka
- Mishawaka Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Mishawaka
- Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn IN, North America