“Comfortable and felt at home”

Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Staff was friendly and very helpful. room was clean and neat. Bed was comfortable. T.V. kept loosing signal and had to be reset a few times. Breakfast was very good for self-serve, with omlets, sausage and waffels, fresh fruit. Just about anything you could want, and more than most hotels. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

While looking for a place for a long term stay of a couple of months or more while on a job in Michigan, I happened upon this property. It is very nicely located and quiet easily accessable, close to several eating places and to some main arteries and at the same time kind of hidden. The staff I have come into contact with have all been very nice and cordial and all are quiet helpful in giving me directions to some of the places I have to get to. The property manager is extremely competent and professional. The property has a good appearance when you drive up, which usually means that the interior will be the same. I have not had a chance to try breakfast, as I am gone before the hour it begins. Any time I come back this way, this will be the first place I inquire for a room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Erica W, Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear James, First of all thank you for staying with us! We are pleased to hear that you can call the Best Western Plus in Mishawaka your home away from home. I will pass on all the good comments to our staff. We really take pride in what we do here and it is always great when we get comments like yours! Enjoy the rest of the stay and we hope that each time you come back we make your stay more and more enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed here on the way home to Massachusetts with our grandson. Pool, a must for him, very clean a just right size for a 6 year old. Room was somewhat small but comfortable. Staff were helpful . Breakfast was average. Okay place to stay if you are traveling though

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Erica W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Plus in Mishawaka! Very glad your grandson liked the pool, and that you thought our staff was friendly. The entire staff takes great pride in our hotel and comments like that really make our day.Guest comments are very helpful to us, they let us know what we are doing well and what areas we may need improvement. I see that breakfast for you was just average. We are currenty are working on getting new items right now. I hope we get a chance to show you the steps we are taking to improve. Thank you again for staying!!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you blink you will pass right by this place. Its a nice hotel tucked in behind the 80/90 toll road off of West University Dr. They have a pretty decent breakfast, the rates are reasonable, the staff is great, and the pool is always refreshing. I recommend upgrading to the King Suite for $10 more-you get a way bigger tv and its very spacious. If I didn't think this place way good, I wouldn't be giving them a good review, and I wouldn't be staying here everytime month I'm in town for business. Plus there is a movie theatre 1 block away.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Erica W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Johnny,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love to see the same friendly faces here at the Best Western Plus in Mishawaka. And you defiantly are one of those friendly faces! I am glad that you like (and noticed) the larger television in our King Study. Thank you again for the feedback and the kind words. Travel safely and we will see you next month!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was delighted to find there is a Best Western in the Mishawaka area again! We stayed there recently when visiting family ioer 4th of July week and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and a great pet friendly place as well. We have two small dogs and there is a great area to take them out back to do their business and get a bit of exercise.
The pool area was nice, and the water temp was comfortable. Breakfast choices were good and food was hot, however the staff was very slow in refilling items and the dining area was backed up for quite a while, with people spilling out into the lobby area while waiting.
The staff was awesome! Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.
My only real complaint was the height of the beds and the rooms are a bit small. I am having some knee problems and trying to get in and out of the bed was a bit of a challenge. The staff does offer step stools, but I have a real problem at the moment using stairs or steps due to my knees. there was a nice comfy chair and ottoman in the room, but it was very hard to squeeze into the area by the bed and the desk chair all crowded at one ond of the room.
But all in all I will definately stay there again on my visits to the area!

Room Tip: We had room 121 which was a good location for being a pet owner as it was close to the back door to...
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Nice hotel. Somewhat crowded in lobby, elevator area. Rooms clean. Nice beds, nice decor. Quiet. Our only issue was smoke filtering into our bathroom from another guest room. We had to switch rooms because staff was baffled as to where it was coming from. Yet you are expected to initial at check-in that you will pay $250. if caught smoking....I'm curious to know if they collected the money that night or just looked the other way...Huummm. So is this a smoking or non smoking hotel?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Erica W, Manager at Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Gary T,
I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. If you should find yourself back in the area I invite you to once again be our guest. We would like to apologize about the smoke smell in the room. We are a smoke-free facility and we do try to make sure that it stays that way. Thank you for your response and understanding on the matter.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn on the second night of our 17 day roadtrip. When we arrived, it was extremely crowded. Apparently, there was a baseball tournament in town and the hotel was packed with kids. I know that you can't blame the hotel for this. However, the room was average at best. The door to the bathroom was not level on the floor and would stick every time you wanted to open it. Breakfast was ok. We didn't try out the pool because it was too crowded. On a positive note, it was very close to Notre Dame. We had visited the campus prior to our arrival to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us and I apologize we were not able to meet all of your needs. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, is taken seriously at our location and I have already addressed your concerns with my staff to ensure situations like this do not occur in the future. The maintenance personnel has already looked at and fixed the bathroom door which you spoke of. I do hope you give us a chance to make things right and try us again next time you find yourself in the area.