“Comfortable and Pet Friendly”

Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visiting from Chicago. Stayed one night for a family reunion close by. Our requirements were to find a pet friendly accommodation and use our BW REWARDS points. This fit the bill. Hotel is really quite small. If it were in a big city it would be considered "boutique."

Fee for pets is $20/day per dog.

We had a room on the ground floor with an exit door close by which made it easy to take our dogs in and out without having to use the elevator or go through the lobby. Room was very clean and comfortable with larger than average 'fridge and a microwave. Beds are very comfortable. Free WIFI is always a plus. Indoor pool and spa looked very nice though we did not use them. Also nice breakfast area, though we didn't use it either. Staff was very friendly.

Lots of suburban-style restaurants and shopping close by. The only drawback I can think of is that though it's along side Interstate 80/90, it is not near either of the two toll road exits for that area, so you have a few miles to drive once you get off the highway. Google maps or a GPS is helpful.

We would stay there again if another family event arises.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twolarrys

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here Monday, June 2, and Friday, June 6, 2014. The front desk people, CJ, on June 2, and Olivia, on June 6, were wonderful. This hotel is convenient, the rooms are generally nice, and there are plenty of dining options nearby. It's pet friendly. On June 6, the housekeeping (Sherry) was deficient:

(1) No Do Not Disturb sign
(2) No tissues in the bathroom
(3) No laundry bag
(4) The coffee maker was not cleaned after the prior guest's use
(5) There was no towel to step on while leaving the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AMB&JAS
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Excellent service all around, bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (including mine at home). Great breakfast, great staff. Would stay again. Close to a really nice shopping mall. We were there to watch the Bowling Green Hot Rods baseball team, this was not far from the stadium.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a very clean and nice hotel. It used to be a Hampton Inn. Best Western purchased it and totally remolded it. The only thing I don't care for is the old elevator and it is very small. I used the stairs. The place is very clean and up to date. Rooms are nice and clean. I even had a dead cell phone and had left my car keys a friends vehicle the night before. The manager ran me to Super Target to go purchase a cell phone charger. Great staff and very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I called (Facebooked) a reservation last minute. I was responded back, by Amy, WITHIN 10 minutes that a room would be ready for me. I stay out of town once, maybe twice, a month for work. Out of ALL of the hotels in South Bend, and Mishawaka, I choose this one. Since day 1 when I just walked in and asked for a room for the week, they did nothing but make sure everything was up to my standards while I stayed there. Ever since my first stay I was hooked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Clean, comfortable room. Friendly staff. Close to mall, many restaurants, Notre Dame University. My son and I were there for a soccer tournament and the hotel was close to both field sites, as well as many choices for places to eat. Asked for and received a later checkout to fit our game schedule. Would definitely stay again. Had fridge and microwave. Fair breakfast-eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Front desk staff was very courteous and helpful, the property was attractively painted and well-maintained both inside and outside. Breakfast was well stocked with a decent variety of items, both cold and hot. Beds were comfortable and public areas/breakfast area were pleasant. We did not use the pool/whirlpool, but it looked well-maintained and clean also. This property was a good value and we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family