“Ok hotel, but the price is great”

Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice. Once for 2 nights and once for a longer period of time. The hotel is not bad, the rooms are clean, the small kitchens are good. The hotel stuff was not the most pleasant, and generally the occupants are not the best. The price was extremely cheap (booked through Priceline) quality to price ratio made it, otherwise I would choose another place, with a better atmosphere. The location is very good, some stores, Starbucks, and a pretty good Asian restaurant near by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your clean room and how much you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen; however, we apologize that you were disturbed by other guests and our staff did not attend to your needs properly. In response, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service and provide for our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at SBW@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pros: I used the laundry room facilites, wash & dry $2 each, I made the mistake of washing all my clothes and went to the front desk to get more quarters and they said they were out of quarters util later in the day. I had to go to a bank in my PJ's. Poor planning on my part.
We checked out the other Extended Stay 2 blocks north of us. It was about half the cost with my CLC discount ($590 for 17 days) but didn't have a oven and dishwasher. The room was a little smaller. This one we stayed in (south) was $1120 for 17 days. We never did use the dishwasher or the oven. I we wished we would had stayed at the North location.
Excellent locating, the second largest shopping area in Indiana. Everything is nearby.
The refrigerator was a little noisey but I was able to sleep ok. Parking was easy. The free continental breakfast was coffee, blueberry muffins, fresh oranges, instant oatmeal in a package just add hot water. Kitchen was good size. Utensils were lacking, only one spoon and fork with 3 butter knives. One frying pan and one sauce pan, a couple plates and cups. The frying pan was a stainless steel with a plastic egg flipper that would melt a little with each cooking. We went to Walmart and bought extra metal spoons, knives and forks and donated them to the hotel.
I would differently stay here again or go to the cheaper on down the street.

Room Tip: There are 2 Extended Stay America's within 2 blocks of each other both on Main St. The south o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the excellent location, the use of the laundry facilities, and free grab-and-go breakfast. However, we apologize that we ran out of quarters and you had to go to the bank as well as, the noisy refrigerator in your room. . In response to your feedback, I am going to make sure that we are checking all rooms for noisy appliances, along with better communication on having change on site to prevent other guest from having to leave the property to get change.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

When I book 2* properties I do so with trepidation, understanding that I often get what I pay for. I booked this property on Priceline for $35 and was mentally ready for a $35 hotel. After reading some of the other reviews, maybe I just got lucky, but I think this hotel should be 2.5* not a 2*. While the public spaces are limited and basic, the rooms themselves are nicely appointed, clean and quiet. I agree with one of the other reviews that indicate the hallways (and the carpets) were in need of cleaning, but the carpet in my room was clean. I have stayed in Extended Stay hotel's before and you can me met with cooking odors or other mystery odors, which is why I always bring air freshener when I book this type of property. The room smelled clean and fresh, the kitchen was well appointed (stove/oven, frig, micro, sink, coffee maker) and the bed was comfortable, a couch (I am assuming a pull out), coffee table, a nice dresser and a table with two chairs to eat at or work at. Free WiFi is included but it is slow unless you upgrade. I was very pleased and would stay here again. Huge savings! Great location just down the street from restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Boy! I must have lucked out! I stayed on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked your clean room, especially the kitchen. As well, it is great to read that you found your bed to be so comfortable and that you enjoyed our hotel's location.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Floor is always dirty never wash room carpets . Clean every 7 days and it's bad service too. Kelvin really mistreated us and he admitted that ,he said he mistreated us because of our accent and People who had this accent mistreated him when he was in military !!!. We stayed about a month in a room 203 that smells and the fridge was leaking he didn't want to change the room and lied about room 204 he said its kingbed room unless I knew it has 2 beds. So finally we moved to room 204 after many other days. Unfortunately iam still in this hotel because of low budget receiving more mistreating iam here since July 10th and now the school bus come to pick my daughter from main st. In front of this hotel and it's another reason that I will stay here for the rest of my stay. Not forget to mintion that my little boy was frightened by a dog called Molly , he belong's to a guest here and after that Kevin called our room and insulted my husbend and said my boy shouldnt walk in front of us or run or any thing he has to be kept in my hand unless he calls the police. In the morning he lied and said it wasn't him . He is really mean .

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mona R
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Upon check in, guests sign an agreement that they will be charged $250 for smoking in the hotel rooms. My room smelled of smoke so strongly that I thought I had accidentally be given a smoking room until I remembered the no smoking policy. I would actually like to be paid the $250 fee to use toward the cleaning of my items that are filled with a terrible cigarette smoke smell. The room was not clean and stains were found on all upholstered furniture. Our bathroom floor was sticky, and the blanket on the bed had obviously not been washed in months (tons of hair and stains). Avoid staying at this hotel. It is worth your money to spend a little more for a better room.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Travelingteacher1231
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Hotel was pretty on the outsite and lobby wasnt bad. The hotel staff were awsome but the hall way and rooms need a massive update. I did not feel safe as there were several people who looked very shady. The whole hotel had an awful smell that almost made sick to my stomach. So overall it was ok but I would recommend find another hotel if possible.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the condition of the hallways and public areas were not up to standard . I am working with my team to make improvements to the areas you have mentioned. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SBM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel is an excellent stay for one night. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It is basic but more than adequate. Not the level of the Courtyard next door; however, 50% of the price ($52 versus $110+)per night. Bring shampoo as it is not provided. Breakfast in the lobby is very basic (Grab and Leave) but full breakfasts are available nearby. The bed is very comfortable and the linens are more that adequate. My room, 306, was quiet as was the hallway. I only stayed 8 hours so I really didn't have much of a chance to review the entire hotel. If you have a chance to select a room, choose the odd numbers as they are on the opposite side to the highway and less noisy. Coffee in the lobby is good; not much of a choice but free. Easy to find and a decent neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank catfan19
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such terrific things about our service. I am proud of our team for taking care of your needs and glad to hear that you had a great stay overall.