“Not Bad, Not the Best, Adequate and Clean”

Super 8 Mishawaka/South Bend Area
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Warren, Michigan
“Not Bad, Not the Best, Adequate and Clean”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stay TOO many nights a year in hotels, traveling for work. The usual chain which I prefer was booked up, so my company's travel person booked me into this hotel.

It was OK. The room was clean, and bed comfortable. I travel with an Xbox gaming console that is not only used for gaming, but also as my Netflix and DVD player. The TV in the room was a 27" older CRT (tube) style set, but needed an original Sylvania remote to be able to access the AV inputs. All that was in the room was an aftermarket remote that would not access that feature. Fortunately, they do keep ONE original remote at the front desk.

The wifi is very good. The bathroom and bed also very clean. Traveling as much as I do for work, I am VERY aware of "bugs". There were NO problems that I saw.

The breakfast buffet is mediocre. Very few choices.

There is NO pool or fitness center, but there is guest laundry,

Located near TONS of shopping and also just a few miles from Notre Dame.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were extremely disappointed in this place. We had stayed at Super 8s in the past and have been very happy, but this place was completely disgusting. Not only did the room stink and there was the toilet broken and there was nasty stuff dripping all over the walls & door, but the one bed smelled like urine. There was only one staff member on in the whole place and she couldn't do anything to help... Couldn't give us our money back, couldn't put us in another room, or clean that room. After several attempts to reach the manager, we finally got ahold of him and he said that he'd provide a refund to our credit card. We have yet to receive one. I would never reccommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
Michigan City
Reviewed 23 July 2013

room was ok but the air conditioner in the room was bad it mad an loud noise every time it came on other than that my stay wass very good

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Akron, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a three night stay and found this Super 8 to be the best accommodations we have had in a very long time. Our room was spacious and extremely clean. We had an ample supply of linens and the staff was so friendly and helpful to us. The breakfast bar was great. What a value! You can be sure that the next time our travels take us to this area, we will be back. You too will be very pleased

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We arrived at this hotel late in the evening and was greeted by curteous front desk staff. Our room was on the second floor (no elevator) and was ok. The room was of good size, the beds comfortable and included a full bath. There seemed to be quite a bit of activity around the hotel but we didn't feel our safety compromised. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was nice with adequate seating - the tables were full we sat at the counter which was a bit cramped.

Room Tip: This hotel was about 3 -4 miles from I-90 but nearing midnight and many of the hotels in the area we...
Lisbon
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was LIED to about there being a pool on property. The only time I saw the staff was at check in, and he never answered the phone either. I was very disappointed with this Motel and will not return there in two months for my extended stay.

Room Tip: rent from another place
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mishawaka
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - North
Best Western Plus Mishawaka Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Mishawaka South Bend Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Bend / At Notre Dame
Extended Stay America - South Bend - Mishawaka - South
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#15 of 16 in Mishawaka

Been to Super 8 Mishawaka/South Bend Area? Share your experiences!