Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Mishawaka, IN
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsuniversity park mallbed was very comfortablesouth bend areafresh fruitthe breakfast areafitness centerchaincarlsoninnsweekends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express this past weekend for an event at Notre Dame. There was a large group of us, and I believe we reserved most of the available rooms at this hotel. However, from the moment I arrived I could not shake the feeling that we were not welcomed there as a group. Having arrived earlier then posted check-in time we were told we needed to wait until the 3pm check-in to get room assignments, they would not check us in and provide a courtesy phone call when the room was ready as I have experienced at most other hotels in the past. To top it off, some other members of the group traveling with small children were not allowed to use the pool facilities while waiting for the 3 pm check-in! Of course you can imagine what happened at 3 pm-all the guests flooded the one person checking people in and there was a line stretching all the way through the lobby! Once checked in the rooms were fine-clean and spacious, but if you are traveling in a group they don't seem to want to accommondate you, and the general manager was very less then friendly towards us-a simple good morning would have sufficed instead of the constant scowl that was directed towards us every time we made eye contact. To top it all off we got reprimanded for noise (never heard a peep on first floor!), warned that children under 18 were not to go ANYWHERE in the hotel without and adult, and also warned that the girls were not to use the towels to remove make-up! All in all, I am sure you would be fine making a single reservation-this is obviously what they prefer, but if you have a group I would check elsewhere. Personally, my priority rewards card just went in the shredder-I will stick to Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
travelgalindiana, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to take this time to respond to your comments, by first aplogizing if anyone here made you feel less then welcome. In your reference to the comment about checking in early, we are unable to check someone into a room, if our guests the evening before are still paying for their room until noon, then we need to have our staff clean the rooms. This was a very busy week for the hotel, and we always try to do the best we can to check someone in earlier then the 3pm checkin, but unfortunatly, that was not the case this week due to the high demand. We have been in a drought situation and only provided the makeup remover pads to help the girls, as well as the water conserving at the hotel as well, I don't beleive anyone stated not to use the towels. We have had several compliments from the other AYOP members on how they enjoyed their stay, so I apologize if you felt unwelcomed. We have already been receiving requests for next year from those that stayed here this past week. Thank you again for taking the time to complete a survey, and we hope that you will give us a try again next year!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a wedding. When I first checked in, the front desk employee was very short. The employee did not have any information or snacks usually provided by the wedding party for out of town guests. The day of the wedding (next day) I went to the front desk to see if there was any information about transportation to and from the wedding as this was provided to us. Donna (I believe) gave me a bag that was supposed to be given to me at check in. This bag also provided the details about the wedding. If I had not gone back to the desk, I might have missed the wedding bus. I also had a reservation for only two nights, but the hotel had me for 3. If I had not saw this mistake on my bank account, I would have been charged another night.

The hotel is very nice and Donna was extremely helpful. She helped us out and apoligized multiple times even though it was not her fault.

I would stay again but it seems due to one employee, I had a bad experience. I did write a note lettting the hotel know about her error.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
travelgalindiana, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

I wanted to take this time to apologize regarding the communication error from your stay over the weekend. I would like to say, our hotel does not offer any type of transporation, so I am not sure what the issue was on that incident, but I would like to speak to you directly regarding the other issue you had at the hotel. Feel free to contact me at the hotel to speak more about this concern at 574-277-2520. Again, I apologize you had a bad experience and I would like to try to make this right with you. Thank you

Reviewed 4 July 2012

the hotel looked dated from the outside ,but quite the opposite inside, rooms was clean and Hotel Staff was very good, breakfast good,room clean and pet friendly,here on business will stay again

Room Tip: Pet Friendly
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel and the staff! We pride ourselves in making sure each guest is comfortable and taken care of. I believe that from your response we were able to do that for you. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Mishawaka! Have a wonderful summer

Reviewed 27 June 2012

The woodsy surroundings and exterior of this hotel remind me of a hunting lodge! It's a different look for a Holiday Inn Express, a nice change from cookie-cutter models next to the highway. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a pet-friendly room that had doorknob hang-tags stating "pet in room," the first I've seen. There was a nice area to walk the dogs to the side of the hotel. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. The entire family rested very well here!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FontanaBananas
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel. We are pet lovers here as well, and we are glad we were able to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Mishawaka area.
Have a wonderful summer

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

The staff opened breakfast early on Sunday for the parents.
Thanks to the staff.
They offered a fair price for the night.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank alwayselln
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Trip Advisor, we realize you have many choices in where you stay in the market, and appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to the area.
Have a wonderful and safe summer!