“Horriable HIE Experience.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Mishawaka
Goshen, Indiana
“Horriable HIE Experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I Work At A Hotel Personally And I Was Very Dissapoised. The 2nd Shift Desk Clerk, Had Kids Behind The Counter. And Was Continuesly Laughing With Them During The Check In Process Very Rude! There Was A Terriable Odor On The First Floor, Trash Bags Full Of Garbage On The Side Entrances. Carpet Was Very Stained. The Elevator Shook When We Were On It, They Had A Stay Impressed Sign That Was Falling Apart. Our Room Wow. The Beds Were Horriable. A Bed Is What Sets Off The Room, The Sheets Were So Wrinkly, The Bed Was So Hard. The Frige In Our Room Was A Nice Touch Alothough The Ice Bucket Still Had Ice And Water,Clearly It Had Not Been Dumped Or Cleaned. The Bathroom Had No Wastebasket, Just Not a Comfortable Stay In General.

Room Tip: Check Out The Inside Personally Before You Make A Choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GM_MishawakaHIE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Trisha-

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Cleanliness is one of our top standards here at the Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka and I apologize if things did not seem that way. Please rest assured that I will personally follow up with each of your concerns to ensure that any and all situations can be addressed. Thank you again for the feedback and I welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

As a platinum priority club member, I stay in at least 80 Holiday Inns annually and must say that the customer care given by the front desk manager, Joni, was the best I ever had. I am a single female business traveller and she was extremely helpful. Her very friendly, kind and helpful attitude was a rare find. I wish that I could find this kind of service more often

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kvg2013-

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Guest service is always #1 across the board here at the Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka. We aim to provide best in class service, and we go out of our way to ensure we make good on this promise. I want to thank you again for your feedback and I welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Guest Relations
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel looks somewhat different from the outside as it is in the style of a log cabin, but we found the same great Holiday Inn Express service inside as at most of the other HIE locations we stayed.

The rooms are large, ours equipped with fridge and microwave, clean and don't smell at all. Staff was super-friendly and, as it was a very hot day, offered us free cold water on check-in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Matthias S.-

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As you stated, we are not your typical "cookie cutter" Holiday Inn Express here in Mishawaka. Our hotel re-branded 2005 and we were able to keep our unique look. Even though we appear different we hold ourselves to all of IHG's standards and I am glad that you were able to see that during your visit with us. Thank you again for providing your feedback and I welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Disappointed. Poor quality of beds, poor room service, as my coffee pot did not get cleaned, nor the supplies refilled. Basically made the bed and added some towels. Left dirty coffee cups on counter. Not the service I'm accustomed to as I stay at HIE's nearly every week.

I do like the location, it's convenient for shopping, restaurants and my business destination.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear MeggersB,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you have experienced with the staff and room amenities received. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the management accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We got a really good rate on the hotel thanks to priceline. Had I paid the rate HIE was asking I'd have been very disappointed. The room was clean but the smoke smell was nearly overwhelming. We arrived late and very tired and only needed a place to sleep before moving along so we didn't bother asking for another room. A response on another review says that they are working hard to remove the smoke smell. They need to work harder. If you book in this hotel insist on a room that was never a smoking room or you'll likely regret it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Brian H,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Not sure how this became a holiday inn express because i don't ever recall staying at one like this. The outside looks nice, like a log cabin. But the inside is old and in need of an update.

My room stank like smoke. It was my second HIE in a row that they did this to me. I didn't bother saying anything because there's nothing that they can do to remove it instantly. They were apologetic at check out, but again there was nothing they could do.

The A/C sucked. It ran for a minute and would shut off. On my second day when I had gotten back from work housekeeping had it at 65 and that's where it stayed to take the humidity out.

There was dried mud in east stairs my entire stay.

I would return again just to get my points and because work pays for it. But I wouldn't stay here if I were paying for it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LineNoise
GM_MishawakaHIE, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
LineNoise-

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Let me apologize for the issue(s) you experienced during your stay with us. As of July 2012 our hotel became smoke free, and all of the smoking rooms had to convert over to non-smoking rooms. As you can imagine; this is not an easy transition for the hotel. After replacing all "washable" items in the room, and hiring outside contractors to rid the smell, some still remain to a sensitive nose. The A/C units can be fidgety and I am sorry for your inconvenience with them. Again, I thank you for your feedback, and welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

St.Thomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Booked at a great price by bidding through Priceline
Wanted to stay close to Mall and still be able to visit Friends in South Bend
The rooms were excellent
The breakfast included everything from Pancakes, cereal, Yogurt, fresh fruit and pasteries
They even had hot cinnamon rolls...Yum...I blew the diet that morning

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_MishawakaHIE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
CdnJane-

Thank you for your review. It is our goal here at the Holiday Inn Express to provide the best stay experience possible. From a clean and comfortable room, to a hot and irresistible breakfast our promise dose not stop at check-in. I want to thank you again for visiting us here in Mishawaka and I would like to invite you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Thank You.