“I wish there were more stars to give this hotel 10 plus in my book..”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Mishawaka
Brooklyn, New York
“I wish there were more stars to give this hotel 10 plus in my book..”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

There are no words to describe the hospitality that was given to me and my daughter while we stayed there. Especially from Kate Dance... She went above and beyond kindness and she made a tough situation easy..Everyone there were happy, easygoing and steadfast in any and all request that we had. The smell of the hotel was inviting and clean.. I would recommend that all other Holiday Inns across america take lessons on how to treat customers and take pride in the hotels appearance. Thank you again Kate Dance you have left a mark in my life...

Room Tip: Stay here.. Shopping and food a step away.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Karen H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Melissa B

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka
we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that our staff and hotel exceeded your expectations. We hope that you visit us again soon.Thank you for making us a great hotel that guests love.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Demotte, Indiana
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Great location close to many restaurants and shopping. Great ice cream shop right around the corner. Breakfast area clean and always stocked properly. Friendly staff and Professional management. Love the White Citrus Bath and Body Works amenities. Smells so good!!! We will return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulak22
Dear paulak22,

Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with the services and accommodations we offer. Our cleanliness, comfortable guestrooms and friendly service are hallmarks we strive to deliver. We're thrilled you enjoyed your time with us.
Mishawaka, Indiana
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a "spa suite" for an overnight because my daughter got all A's and we needed a break from the 48 inches of snow. Jacuzzi in room was clean. Plenty of hot water. Above par breakfast for a hotel chain, good cinnamon rolls and then i got to sit by the pool and drink coffee while my kids went for a swim. Noon checkout made for a very relaxed Saturday morning.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angfain127
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we strive to make sure all guests have a rewarding experience. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My stay at Holiday Inn Express was enjoyable with loads of fun for the grandchildren! The swimming pool was clean. The service was excellent without the hassle of a long check-in. The only negative point to this stay was a foul stench from our room. It became a nuisance, so we sprayed perfume and called it a night. I must give the staff and general manager, Carol, two thumbs up, because they found my lost wallet and held it under lock and key in the office until I called to retrieve the pocketbook. The stay in Southbend/Mishawaka was delightful especially knowing we were there to celebrate breast cancer survivors at the girls basketball game at Notre Dame who included my 24 year old daughter. I cannot stress enough how grateful I am to have my wallet with money present in the place where I left.

Thanks again Carol and staff for being outstanding citizens during these hard times!!!

I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2014
cphips, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Deme69;

Let me first start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and appreciate your kind words. The staff will be pleased that you plan a return to the hotel. Your room and the team will be ready and wating for your.. Safe Travels. See you soon!

Best Regards:

Carol Phipps
Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Room and hotel was generally clean, but beds were rock hard and impossible to sleep in. The heating unit was very noisy. The tub had a dangerous slant to it which made showering a challenge. Staff was friendly, but the decor was outdated and looking tired.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stpgirlie
GM_MishawakaHIE, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
stpgirlie-

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with your feedback. Mattresses are a continuous battle that many hotels are faced with. From hard to soft it appears as though we have not yet found a happy medium. Please rest assured that these issues do not go unnoticed. information provided on mattress comfortability is key when ordering new. Our individual hotel was unfortunate to not have been designed with HVAC units in each room. Rather, we use a heating/cooling unit in one. These units act similarly to an in-window air conditioner and can be a bit on the noisy side at times. I again apologize for your inconvenience.Thank you again for providing us with your feedback and I welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Guest Services
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had been staying at this HIE for years. This year was very different. The staff members were unfriendly and frequently loitering and chatting in the halls. One member kept going in and out of a room that had children playing in it. We later met them in the cafe...3 boys hanging around while their mom worked. She admitted 2 were her twins. The beds were made but the pillows untouched. Coffee and toiletries were not replenished in the rooms. At the cafe coffee bar, there was no half and half since the day before. I had to request it, and watched while the staff cleaned the sour pot. One of the side doors' lock was broken and people were coming and going all night because my dog kept waking me up. One guest was walking his pit bull unleashed. The carpets were badly stained and floors looked unmopped. As I left, I saw 3 employees smoking cigarettes out by the front door. My family and I were very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: The second floor might be the lesser of the evils as far as pets and people making noise out in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
N B-

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Let me apologize for the inconvenience with your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Mishawaka. I have taken proactive steps to address your concerns with the proper department heads for review. As a pet friendly hotel we frequently see many breeds of many types of animals. It is our policy that pets stay on a leash when moving about the hotel. Unfortunately; our hotel is not staffed with door-staff to ensure that this occurs 100% of the time and we address this issue should we have information that suggests an offense.

Again, I want to thank you for the feedback. I wish you and your family the best on your future travels.

Guest Services
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel needs a franchise review; it is just not up to Holiday Inn Express standards. Carpets are stained, rooms are worn out, musty smell throughout. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express hotels over the years and this one is by far the worst. I do expect the Holiday Inn Express to be a "budget" experience, but they are always clean and fresh, in my eperience. Not this one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GM_MishawakaHIE, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mishawaka, IN, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
JElliott_601

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As you stated; some of our halls have stained carpet which can be displeasing to look at. Please rest assured that these issues are addressed on a regular schedule. With three separate entrances to the hotel mixed with a wet and muddy fall; carpets will start to show stains. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience with your stay. Thank you again for providing your feedback and I welcome you back whenever you are in the South Bend area.

Guest Relations