A beautiful garden, friendly management, BUT...our room (in the main building) had the bathroom outside. Even worse, the shower was placed in the middle of the bathroom (no tub), so every time the shower was used, the whole bathroom was flooded and stayed wet for hours. The room itself (as well as the bathroom) is very basic, but ok. The breakfast (included in the price) was the same every morning (bread&butter, fruit, yoghurt, jam and grapefruit juice. No buffet, you just get a plate with the food). Nobody asked whether we would like some eggs, meat, cereals etc..For 250 Euros per night, this is absolutely ridiculous! We even ate dinner there (just one evening), it was 38 Euros p.P. and advertised as a three course menu. Somehow, the first course was not served at all (or was it maybe the plain green salad served with the main?), the main course was some sort of chicken, potatoes and green beans, and the dessert was ice cream (not homemade) and banana cream (homemade). We left the table hungry (again, nobody asked if we like some supplement). We stayed one week in Guadeloupe (and 3 nights in the Jardin Malanga), but this was for sure our worst dinner, not only because of the quality (which was barely ok), but mainly because of the price tag. Overall, this hotel would be great for 100-120 Euros per night, but at the current price, it is just a rip-off. The management knows about these issues (they even apologized at the end of our stay), but they don’t seem (or are not willing) to change anything. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is composed by a renovated authentic colonial “mansion”, built in 1927 and 3 cottages:Colonial mansion : 1 suite with 2 bedrooms and one bathroom at the ground floor (with a part of the terrace which goes around the colonial mansion call a “varangue”). At the first floor two triple rooms with independant shower.Occupation SUITE : 2 adults + 2 children + 1 infant. Surface area ≈ 60sqmOccupation triple rooms : 3 adults + 1 infant. Surface area ≈ 28sqmThe cottages : 2 independant rooms with terrace for each cottage, children’s bedroom on upper level, which can be communicated with one of each rooms.Occupation : 2 adults + 1 infant. Suraface area ≈ 17sqmEvery room including: Bathroom with Bath (or shower), hair-drier, air-conditioner, phone, IPOD system, one king size bed (maximum 2 persons in a room, possibility to add a baby cot), terrasse with panoramic view overlooking “Les Saintes” and deck chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Le Jardin Malanga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Malanga Hotel Guadeloupe
- Le Jardin Malanga Basse Terre