All reviews pebble beach porto montenegro the hotel manager small balcony few minutes walk room was clean out of season good size airport tivat marina loungers
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I would really say 3.5 stars but for 12 "boys" this was an ideal retreat.
Sure, bathrooms need sprucing up but the beds are comfortable and no single supplement. Breakfast is continental but freshly cooked omelettes are available.
Staff are very good and the Manager is exceptionally welcoming and this attitude makes a big difference.
I reckon it was great value for money and would definitely return......especially the location........only 50 metres from the lake.

Room Tip: Best at front with lake views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Overall Hotel San was a good budget choice in Tivat. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the balcony had two narrow sea views with an apartment building in between. Breakfast was limited even by Montenegran standards and the coffee terrible! The beach was small and busy, but we always found loungers. It's not the smart end of town, but is near to pleasant beach bars and two excellent restaurants. Best of all was that they drove us to the airport rather than call a cab - fabulous service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My father and I stayed here for one night in April. The rooms were great, and the staff was fabulous. The manager spoke great English, and insisted on driving my father and I to the airport after we checked out. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I am trying to give Hotel San the benefit of the doubt, because the language barrier can lead to a lot of problems that aren't necessarily their fault. Here's the thing. Our rental car got towed because we parked it on the street in front of the hotel, where everyone else was also parked, and the hotel did not warn us of this possibility even though we'd asked about parking. You can imagine how much fun it was trying to explain our case to the law enforcement authorities in Montenegro. The hotel staff we spoke to should have warned us about this hazard (there were no clear "no parking" signs out front, and the street was the only place with some parking spaces open). Failing this, they should have taken some responsibility when we told them what had happened. Instead, they absolutely refused to take any blame, saying simply "You should have asked." Which we did.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I can tell you about the problems intrinsic to the hotel--the ones that didn't cost us a towing fee. I would give the rooms themselves a 6/10. Not bad, but certainly not worth the price. If you don't mind grimy carpets, shower heads that don't stay put, and previous guests' toiletries turning up behind the furniture, it's all right. The view from the rooms was of the street and trash bins (we had rooms in both the front and back, and the views were comparable). The breakfast was good, with strong coffee and lots of options for cheese and meat. The two dinners we ate at the hotel were terrible.

This is not a cheap hotel. I've stayed at many cheap hotels, and the services and quality at this hotel match those I would expect if I had paid 30 euro per night. The lights went out at the beginning of our first dinner and stayed off for most of the remainder. The wifi was painfully slow, and went out at least once a day. The hot water in the showers usually did not work in the early evening because, according to the receptionist, there were too many people trying to shower. Who could have predicted that the guests would want to shower?

All in all, we had a terrible experience at this hotel, not helped along by the staff's indifference to our plight with the car. There are plenty of other options in the area, and we will choose one of them next time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 August 2017

Dear,
You have not told to hotel staff that You have a rental-car,and there is no country that You can park on the streeat.
Only you have told that You dont like diner from 4 grups,and we have every day 200 people for lunch and nobady complains.
You should also say that You were angry that You have to pay second drink.
First one payed Mr. Borut.
And You were angry on us because our neighbor had dog in a cage,and You asked us to let him free.
We are hotel that is traying to help every guest.
But You need too have some boundaries.
Best regards!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We stayed here for a couple of nights and found it to be fine - good value, pleasant residential location and helpful staff (one moved his car so we could use parking space!). We liked the sea view from the balcony on 3rd floor. If you're being swayed by mentions of "private beach", be aware it's a really tiny area and in our opinion not that appealing.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple