“Best pizza & bread sticks hands down!”
Review of Abe's Pizza

Abe's Pizza
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: Pizza
Monticello, Indiana
“Best pizza & bread sticks hands down!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Went to Abes at their new location, 234 N Main (just down the street from old Abes) and it was just great! The new place is very nice,clean and bigger than the old store. Service was very good and the food was fast and fresh! i like Abes because they work hard at remembering you, what you like and you end up feeling like family. If you like a local, family friendly place go here! Abes has lots of seating or get it to go it is all great, hand made food!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Beth1983_12

Culver, Indiana
“The BEST pizza and breadsticks”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

If you like pizza, this is the place to eat in Monticello.

It's a small, locally owned pizzeria, serving (of course) pizza, sandwiches, salads, soups and bread sticks. Prices are very reasonable, so you can feed your family without breaking the bank.

The pizza crust is perfect, not too thick, not too thin, and always tastes fresh. They don't skimp on the toppings either, so if you're a big fan of cheese as we are, it's not necessary to order extra cheese on the pizza you choose. The sandwiches are also excellent. We are big fans of the strombolis and the stuffed green pepper soup is terrific.

The bread sticks are perfect. I can't really describe them well enough to do them justice, but they are also fresh, warm and perfect. It must be an Indiana thing to get cheese sauce for dipping, but you have to try it. Most other pizza places we have visited in other states have marinara only and if you ask for cheese sauce, they look at you like you've grown another head.

The staff is very friendly and efficient. You can either dine in, order takeaway or have your food delivered. If you have a chance to chat with Marcia, if she's there, she's a hoot!

We have never ever had a bad experience, either with food or service, at Abe's. The only con I can think of is that they don't have a parking lot and the restaurant is located downtown, so it's luck of the draw whether you can find a parking spot close by. If not, there is a parking lot located behind the town hall/police department about a block away. If you do manage to park on Main Street, like most small towns, parking is angled, save for a single parallel parking spot that is almost always taken, and every other person owns a large truck or SUV, so backing out can be an "adventure" if you're in a smaller vehicle.

• Visited December 2011
5 Thank LJB22
“Not enough help”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Server is running the cash register making the breadsticks delivering all food and refilling drinks. At 6pm this isnot enough help. Server is understandably overwhelmed. I feel bad for her because it isn't her fault it is thenperson who schedules. Still great food!

“Nice local place”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a great local place. Lots of good choices besides pizza, although the pizza is very good. Great abwich, taco salads and amazing breadsticks. You must try the breadsticks. You feel like you are in someones house it is so local but well worth it!

1 Thank Vic987654321
Burlington, Indiana
“If you want to throw up...go here”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

I am from Burlington, Indiana. We stopped here for lunch while visiting my mother.. The dough was soft, there was a hair in my pizza. A bunch of kids cussing in front of my four year old. When I asked to talk to the manager, there was a short, older man that approached me. After discussing my problem, he proceeded to ask me out on a date, and flirt like he didn't even hear what I was saying. I come here often to see my mom. But never again will I come here. Seems like I share the same opinion as many others. Shame on you