“A Gem”

Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Monticello
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Riverside is a casual restaurant with a scenic river view.We are open 7 days a week at 4 PM.Our steaks are USDA Choice and handcut in house.We also serve a wide array of seafood too.Make sure and try one of our delicious ice cream drinks, our top seller is our famous WOODY.We also have nightly dinner specials and homemade soups too!Our deck is open for outside dining Sunday thru Thursday. Come and join us if you are from out of town we also have rooms available at the Riverside Inn next door to the restaurant! We hope to see you soon!
Dixon, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Gem”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We made our first visit to Riverside last week with friends who live in Monticello and recommended it. We started by sharing some appetizers - sautéed portabella mushrooms and fried banana peppers. Two people ordered the special - huge stuffed peppers. I had a pork chop (loved that applesauce was offered as one of the sides) and DH had a prime rib sandwich. Needless to say, we had leftovers to bring home! Wine is served in large glasses and is definitely a generous pour. Of course we had to try the signature after dinner drink - a Woodie. (Glad we shared it!) The service was prompt and friendly, and we felt that the prices were quite reasonable.

Riverside has a fun atmosphere - lots of humor on the walls. We ate in the bar area and did appreciate the No Kids rule. It was really hot the evening we were there, so we didn't get to take advantage of some of the amenities - the antique wooden shuffleboard table or the bags games out by the water. Next time ...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Laurie S

Zionsville, Indiana, United States
“Promised a bit too much”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Filet and scallops special the steak was tender but somehow the bacon was still raw. The scallops were big, but the were lost in a sea of melted butter. And I tried the butterfly smelt. Nicely fried, but an acquired taste.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank HoosierWisdom
Delphi, Indiana
“Wonderful Steaks and Chops!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My DH and I have dined here several times and must say that their steaks are every bit as good as most places 3 times as expensive and up-scale! One time we had their pork chops and they were every bit as good as their steaks! Will go there again and again. It was good to read other reviews to know that they do not allow children--so we know not to try to take our little, steak loving granddaughter!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank heavensake
frankfort, illinois
“Good, but you cannot bring kids there.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We really like this restaurant, but they don't allow kids and that keeps us from going there. Good menu, good service

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mickey H
Royal Center
“Food tasted good, thats about it......”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I went for dinner , we sat down at 6;25 PM. We sat outside since the weather was nice. The waitress took our order about 6;28 PM. About five minutes later we got our drinks, twenty minutes later we got our appetiezer, 7;09 ( 41 ) minutes into service we got soup and salad.I am a disabled vet, I have to use a cane due to my bad leg. After waiting 22 minutes for a refill on coffee I got up, walked up the stairs with my empty cup, the waitress finally seen me. She walks up and asks, do you need some more coffee ? It was near 7;30 when we got the main course. It was after 8;00 before we got out of there. A young couple came in about five minutes after us and sat near us. Our waitress waited on them , got everything for them they got their food before us and left a half before us. Just saying, the waitress served the entire outside area and was too busy, seemed to lose where she was in order. I had to ask again for coffee, I gave up, will not go back

• Visited June 2013