“great receptionist”

Summer Haven Resort
Reviewed 18 August 2006

Summer Haven was a nice place to stay! I think the receptionist is awesome. She is loving, caring and her humor was great. The rooms were clean and the boss was very nice. I would recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lovethereceptionist

Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I must agree that this place needs some TLC. The owner is friendly but he does not spend much money on up keep. The cost for a week with 10 people was very affordable. The deck off the back overlooks the lake and offers a relaxing hide away.

It has a refigerator and microwave in the kitchen. We were also surprised to find a coffee pot. The furniture is 1950-1960 style and I think that was the last time it was replaced.

We have been coming back for the last 4 years. If you know what to expect, there are no surprises. The pool is located across the street so you have a sort walk. The 10 person cabin is handicap accessible as well. You can a short walk down the road to Indiana Beach park.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2006

We spent the weekend with another family in the 10 person cabin. It was not bad. The couches were old but covered with slip covers. The kitchen and bathroom were very clean. The boat dock was in need of updates. We were able to walk to the park and had a great view of the lake. I would recommend this cabin and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank Newlyweds229
merr,ind
Reviewed 11 July 2005

it was awful we rented lakeside apartments it was dirty and everything was old. for the prices it was not what i expected. we had a wallet took right out of our room? so if you stay here make sure you lock valuables in your vehicle. also it says full kitchen and it is not we did not even have enough plates,silverware for 5 people. so i advice you to look elsewhere to rent try rivera resort.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. louis, MO
Reviewed 9 August 2004

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in!! I left imediatelly and found other accomadations for the fear of my families saftey!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 July 2004

Very dissapointed with facilities. Cabins were clean, but everything was old and dank including linens. For the price I was charged I expect more updated facilities. Their outdoor deck has a beautiful view of Lake Schaeffer but is ugly and dirty. It's a shame when resort owners have a decent facility but do not put any money back into it with repairs and niceties so that it is comfortable and looks nice. My kids loved the pool but prefered to be down at the Boardwalk pool.

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2004

We too have frequented Summer Haven for years. But unfortunately, we stopped going because, THEY stopped keeping up the place. During our last visit, the grills were dirty, cobwebs everywhere, the pull- out sofa in our cabin was old and looked like a resale shop salvage, extremely scarey and uncomfortable. I wouldn't even count on it to use as a bed! Air conditioning units in the cabins were old and some even froze because they were old and on all day....Bed linens were old. In the kitchenette apartments the stoves and refrigerators were dated as well....your better off brining a cooler. The well water pumped through out the complex smelled horrible. I had to take a shower after my shower. This place needs a lot of TLC from the owner and updates through-out. This place was probably really nice in it hayday!

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time when we went to Indiana Beach, but that may have had something to do with the nearby "boardwalk"/ carnival. If you stay here, i would recommend the lake front apartments...great view, but a short walk from the pool. Although they provide linens, i would advise you to bring your own! Considering how much they are asking for a weekend stay, things should be better than what they are. The pool was nice, and they have a kiddy pool as well.

3  Thank Gnzls924