“It was nice until I looked in the shower”
Review of Bay Side Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monticello
Bay Side Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I normally stay at chain properties but the Best Western was booked and there are only two places to stay in Monticello. I thought it was pretty nice for a smaller motel until I went to take a shower in the morning. I opened the shower curtain and there was a big glob of ugly hair. My wife and I were attending a funeral and just washed up instead of taking a shower. When my wife reported the hair when we departed they kept insisting it must have been ours and we forgot. I think they thought we just wanted a discount or something. They said their housekeepers were fantastic. When we were at the funeral, a friend told me he arrived after 11 pm and they took him to an occupied room and there was an unhappy guest in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jdnewt
There are newer reviews for Bay Side Resort

Reviewed 11 October 2012

This review is a little belated, but I did want to share that we enjoyed our stay at Bay Side very much at the end of this past summer. :) We usually stay on the ground at Indiana Beach, but its incredibly overpriced and kind of run-down over there now, so we tried our luck with a different property this year. The owners of this motel are just LOVELY people and we enjoyed so much getting to know them. There are lots of things to do at this resort, very nice indoor pool, paddleboats and such. The *only* negative thing I can share is that we discovered the hot tub and sauna were not working, but the price for the room was the same as usual. But our room was super clean and we were able to grill and paddle around the lake, and its super close to IB. We had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My boyfriend suprised me my taking me to Indiana Beach for my birthday for a long weekend. We had so much fun staying at Bayside Resort. We stayed in one of their smaller rooms, just big enough for 2 people, but had a kitchen so was perfect for us. The room was very clean and the gounds/deck around was very nice and clean as well. We had a great view of the lake and at night the deck out back perfect. They have lights all around it and we sat out and have some drinks and just relax. Terry was very helpful. He was very accommdating to all of our needs. We loved our time there.

We are considering coming back next year with our daughter and her friends and renting a bigger room. Thank you Terry!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family always go to Indiana Beach for a family outing and all the cottages we usually book we unavailable so I was refered to Monticello Chamber of Commerce and was ask what was i looking I told her I usually get a cabin on the grounds and was refered to Bay Side Resort and talk with Terry the owner and he book us right away .Terry and his wife Jackie are just awesome people. The room was very clean full kitchen with appliances,gas or charcoal grills,indoor pool,jacuzzi and access to paddle boats,kayaks,and the deck out back priceless.Cant wait to go back were going to get the Penthouse i personall give it 5 stars *****

Room Tip: wow bunk beds for the kids
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Jackie and Terry are very nice people. We had so much fun staying at bayside this past weekend. We loved our time there. The kids enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi so much. We spent a lot of time at bayside as well as the park! I would recommend bayside to anyone looking for somewhere close to the park and somewhere your family can enjoy down time while not at the park. I cant wait til my family and I come back and stay in the penthouse next time!!!! I LOVE BAYSIDE WOOOOOOOO, lol!

Jasmine W.

Room Tip: Let them know how many people you have and they will make perfect accomodations for you
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We've been to Bay Side a few times and we loved it!!!! The staff makes us feel like family and really tries to satisfy everyone!!!!! We love Bay Side and can't wait to come back this year!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have been in a few different rooms. They were all just right for what we needed. I like that we can walk to the amusement park & also dock our jetski's & boat. The owners are very nice & hospitable. We will be back again for our annual weekend getaway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort Lodging
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport
Pine View Resort
Pine View Resort
#8 of 9 in Monticello

Been to Bay Side Resort? Share your experiences!