“Good”

Harvest Time Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We passed through, on our way to Chicago and on the way back! A nice place to stop. Very large portions for a VERY reasonable price... I ordered the fried chicken (not realizing it was 1/2 of a fried chicken! lol, my fault) Non-the-less, it was good. The chicken was coked well, but I felt like the breading wasn't cooked off of the chicken..? I had a flour taste & was a little under-seasoned.

The way back I had the beef Manhattan, decent. Huge portions! My hubby had the chicken and noodles, he liked them, thought they used canned chicken though. Overall a good value and again huge portions, I would def. stop again! A nice change, overall.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Try the friday night all you can eat walleye or cod....yum. Good portions, comes with salad and potato, 2 people stuffed to the gills for $24.00 including tip. Waitresses make odd comments and mix up orders often. Not a deal breaker but annoying anyway. If you are really wanting a value, with much more pleasant service, friday night at the Amvets (American Veterans ) ladies auxiliary a few blocks away is $18.00 all you can eat Pollock for 2 and it is very good also. They include salad and potato as well.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were in town for a visit. We asked the desk clerk at the Best Western Brandywine Inn And Suites in Monticello where we could get a nice dinner. He recommended the Harvest Time Family Restaurant. The waitress brought out hot rolls after she took our order. I had the grilled chicken sandwich which was a very generous portion. It came with fries also. My husband had a club sandwich and fries. The food was very good. We did not have room for dessert. We would highly recommend this restaurant. A great value and good food!

1  Thank 2kay
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stopped for lunch at the Harvest Time. The lunches are both bountiful and inexpensive. Almost all come with a cup of homemade soup which was very nice.
My wife enjoyed her friend walleye, and my pork tenderloin was pleasant. The french fries were nothing special.
If one is passing through Monticello, give it a try.