We are owners, so had an extra motivation for staying here.
We had a mini-holiday (one week) from Sydney and enjoyed it immensely. In our experience Worldmark/Wyndham properties are always comfortable and of a very good standard, so comments below are to give a little light and shadow.
We stayed in a two bedroom unit with a great courtyard. The native landscaping is well developed and we could only see greenery and birdlife from the comfort of the living room couch and the dining room table. The kitchen was probably the best outfitted of those we've stayed in though.
The wildlife is great (hear this, overseas visitors!). We like birds, and furry creatures are always fun to see.
The beach is just over the road and is great for walking. We did see a few people in wet suits in the water, but March is not swimming weather in Tasmania. (I tested the warmth of the resort pool and was going to try it out but never go around to it.)
Restaurant? Tasty food, but not open every day, and only serves dinner.
Car needed? Yes, if you want to do any serious exploring or shopping. There is a reasonably well-stocked convenience store about a kilometre down the road. Apparently there are buses into Rosny and Hobart but I didn't explore them as we had a hire car. (These are additional to the Saturday shuttle to Salamanca market.) Having said this, I could easily stay there a few days to just chill out with no car needed (but a taxi from the airport I guess). :-)
We arrived on Sunday and drove from the airport to the Sorell Sunday market (8-2 I think). We bought fruit and veg there, and then went to a regular supermarket for other necessities.
Airport noise? Vaguely noticed, but truly there are very few planes coming and going! Not worth worring about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Resort Seven Mile Beach is just a short seven minute drive from Hobart Airport and only a twenty minute drive from Hobart City. Located in a bushland setting across the road from Seven Mile Beach, all of the units are fully self-contained with full kitchens and laundry facilities. Resort facilities include a heated outdoor pool, hot tub and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Resort Seven Mile Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Vrap 7 Mile Beach
- Wyndham Vrap Seven Mile Beach Hotel Tasmania
- Wyndham Hobart
- Tasmania Wyndham