“Loved Mobys”

Mobys Beachside Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blueys Beach
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The wife and I just got back from a little mid week 3 night break at Mobys. We had a 1 bedroom apartment and from the moment we walked in it was fantastic. We were lucky enough to be right down the back in unit 45, it was so quiet and peaceful. We really loved the court yard as it had a real relaxing feel about it. We ate one night at the restaurant for the $25 entree-main or main-desert deal. I had the fillet beef and wife had the chicken curry, both were fantastic. Also to note it's a nice walk over the hill to the cafes and pizza shop at Blueys Beach, both worth a visit. we loved our stay and will definitely return, thanks.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mobys, Guest Relations Manager at Mobys Beachside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
We are so lucky to have such an amazing Restaurant onsite and I am glad you had the opportunity to dine with us and enjoy our food. Its also great to hear that you liked your beach house. All of our beach houses are enveloped by tropical gardens which provide great privacy. Sometimes you can feel like you're the only one staying in the resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had my wedding at Moby's on the 26th of October 2013 and it was an absolutely fantastic experience. Our wedding coordinator Bel was simply amazing with everything organised perfectly and nothing being a problem.
The whole team at Moby's is exceptional and made my wedding experience a wonderful one.
My wedding dress was locked in my mum’s room on the Saturday and the people with the keys were all an hour or so away but one simple call to reception fixed the problem in under 5 minutes. The lovely lady on reception happy closed the reception desk and came down and opened the room for me with a smile on her face the whole time.
The food at Moby’s is amazing as well with all my wedding guests raving about how nice everything was and how they all left full.
All my guested who stayed on site at Moby’s were very impressed with the accommodation as were my husband and I. The beds are ridiculously comfortable!
I cannot recommend Moby’s highly enough for anyone considering it as a wedding venue, a party venue or just a place to stay for a holiday!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

We were all so happy to welcome you and your guests to Mobys to celebrate your wedding and I am glad we were able to provide such an enjoyable experience for all.
All of our staff genuinely enjoy working at Mobys and we take pleasure in being able to provide great service for all our 'friends' who stay. I have passed on your thanks and kind words to Bel.
We would all like to congratulate you on your marriage and wish you the best of luck for the future. I am sure we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to back to Mobys many times.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We booked two 3 bedroom Beach Houses and one 2 bedroom Beach House. I can honestly say the photos on the website don't do it justice. Very impressed with the cleaniness and presentation of each Beach House. We were right next to the tennis courts which we loved. In total we had 12 family members stay and I was a little taken back that even though the Beach House had a four burner BBQ, we had to pay $10 a night to use it. Without there being an oven in any of the Beach Houses, I would have thought that providing the bbq would be free of charge. Also found the service at the local restaurant when ordering cocktails a little slow especially on a Sunday night when there wasn't a big crowd. I also did talk to another couple who had asked to be moved from their Beach House because of the mosquitoes. Their house was further back down the road in a dense area of foliage. That could be a problem during summer months. However our Beach Houses were away from really dense foliage and no problem with mozzies at all. I can honestly say I was very impressed with the layout, presentation and cleaniness of the accommodation and will definately go back!

Room Tip: Didn't use room service. Our Beach House numbers were 3, 4 and 73. Even though 73 was away from...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Julie,
Great to hear that your families had a great time during your recent stay at Mobys Retreat.
We appreciate your feedback and we will address some of the issues that you mentioned.
most beach houses are enveloped by lush tropical garden, however, we are fortunate in that we do not have any issues with mosquitos or sand-flies at the resort. Mobys is the perfect destination for family getaways and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just returned from another relaxing stay at Mobys.
We travelled as a group of 3 families for an extended long weekend. Whilst the resort was completely full over the Friday and Saturday nights, reception staff had allocated all of us next door or close together as requested.
The management must be doing something right as everytime we stay things look so neat and clean and you could see that a lot of work has been done in the gardens over winter. Our room was very clean and well maintained.
Be aware that the restaurant is a bit hit and miss with opening times, seeming to be closed when the most people are around, but when open the food is good - the kids loved the takeaway pizzas on their first night.
Thank you Robyn, Chris and Dan. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Remember that these are luxury cabins, but not full kitchens. Pack a few kitchen things that you can...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for a wonderful review and many thanks for your return visits.
Our team takes a lot of pride in the presentation of our resort and it is nice to hear positive feedback. We cant wait to welcome you back to Mobys Beachside Retreat

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My partner and I decided to stay at Moby's this weekend as, on a previous trip to Forster (Dec 2012) we had eaten at their restaurant, Buddha by the Beach, and LOVED the food! But the menu had changed =( the scallops were to die for but were taken off the menu. The salt and pepper calamari had also been taken off but we later found out it was on the specials menu, but the salad served with it was slightly different (it was amazing the first time!). These two dishes blew us away on our first visit and I'd love to see them back on the menu. In saying this the food was still fantastic, but we were so looking forward to the scallops lol. It seems silly but they really were THAT good!

We stayed in cabin 66, 2 bedroom 1 bath, which was away from the road, which was good for the noise factor and more private. We were really impressed with how nice the cabin was and it felt more like a mini house. It had a 2 person spa, bbq, outdoor setting and an outdoor shower. I realise the main purpose of the outdoor showers is to wash off sand but it would be nice for them to be more private as you are in open view of the other cabins or road when using them. I did find the beds a bit hard and woke up stiff but apart from those tiny things I loved it.

It seemed like the kind of place you could go as a couple, in a group of friends or as a family with kids. It's just a nice, relaxed area...good as a place to get away for a weekend. I'd definitely stay here again....especially if the scallops made a return ;)

Room Tip: To be away from the noise ask for a room away from the pool/tennis courts and away from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mobys, Guest Relations Manager at Mobys Beachside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Mobys for your recent getaway. We know that you have other accommodation options nearby so we are thrilled that you chose us and we are happy that we met your expectations.
What can we say about the Scallops?.... We agree, they were amazing!! and our menu does change regularly so we will read your review to our chef and cross our fingers that they make a return to our menu very soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The rooms are self contained cabins, we had a two bedroom, one bathroom off the rd room 47. It was perfect for the kids, small yard for them to play, tennis court, gym and pool. The restaurant there did misplace our order and caused us to wait an hour instead of 20 mins but compensated with drinks and garlic bread. BBQ's are additional cost per night or stay of $15.

Good size kitchen with cook top, dish washer, microwave, fridge and freezer, washer,dryer. Lounge room was a good size and they allowed us to check out just before 12pm. The local markets there on a Sunday were really good.

Only complaint was the beds are hard, really hard. Would take an underlay of some sort for a decent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Most rooms we saw were on the rd front ours wasnt, and was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am glad your family enjoyed our resort.
It is great to receive feedback about our beds. we are constantly upgrading our bedding and we are very happy to take your thoughts on board.
I apologise for the inconvenience that our restaurant caused with the mix up of your meal order. I have addressed this issue with the restaurant staff so that we can improve and not let this happen again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The actual rooms were lovely however the cleanliness was appalling. There was broken blinds that wouldn't shut properly and mold on the back of the blinds as well as thick dust everywhere. The staff at reception were friendly but the on site cafe had awful opening hours for breakfast and it was all just too hard for them (went to a wedding and could not even pay for a drink/s by eftpos). Luckily the food there was amazing. The pool area was lovely and the tennis court was great. Nice and close to the beach too.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mobys, Guest Relations Manager at Mobys Beachside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and please accept our sincere apologies. Your feedback is important to us and I have shared your comments with the related departments for their attention and follow up to ensure that these isolated issues do not occur again. We hope your concerns on this occasion will not discourage you from staying with us again and should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, please let me know so I can assist with your accommodation requirements and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blueys Beach
#1 of 1 in Blueys Beach
Sails Luxury Apartments
Sails Luxury Apartments
#2 of 13 in Forster

Been to Mobys Beachside Retreat? Share your experiences!