“relaxing place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Corydon, Indiana
“relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I only spent one night here on a business trip to the area but it was very relaxing and clean. Friendly and helpful staff and nice breakfast with homemade goodies. I'd definately stay again if in the area and enjoy more of the country type setting.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Deena H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 10 August 2012

A friend recommended the Four Seasons because of its excellent reputation. I stayed there for two nights and couldn't agree more. When I arrived, Travis Renschler not only expeditiously checked me in and reviewed the amenities of the motel, he took the time to describe nearby dining possibilities, including the restaurant at the nearby country club, at which motel guests can dine and charge their meals to their motel bill -- excellent partnership! A few minor items in my room needed attention -- a new bulb, a stronger wireless signal -- and voila! -- Travis was there almost instantly with a new bulb, and soon I had a 5-bar wireless signal, better than I get in most expensive inns. Rodney Cox was also a first-class act, not only extremely helpful but full of interesting information about the area. Others have described this motel as making you feel at home, and I, too, felt like family from the start. As for comfort, my room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were just the right height, the room-darkening shades allowed me to sleep long after sunrise, the TV worked fine, the shower was nice and strong with plenty of hot water, the microwave and refrigerator worked like new, and the air conditioner was quiet, which I appreciated after experiencing diesel-tractor types elsewhere. Equally important, the price was only half that charged elsewhere for rooms with fewer amenities. I didn't venture into the pool, but it looked fine to me, and the BBQ grills provided for guests to use were indeed used both nights of my stay. I probably abused my free breakfast privilege, but I don't get such a wide variety at home, so I went a little overboard. I'd highly recommend the Four Seasons, and I hope that my travels take me back that way again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank William M
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Wonerful motel!!! I was there on an extended stay for work. The owners make you feel at home. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are well kept! The breakfast bar in the mornings is always hot and very good. The home made coffee cake and muffins are a big hit also. I feel that if you have to be away from home for work they make you a part of there family. I recommend the Four Seasons for a nght or for a extended stay. For you extended stay people they have grills all over the grounds which is nice to not have to go out all the time.

Room Tip: The Suites are very nice
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff C
Oxford, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A blazing hot night en route to New Harmony. This place was cool, clean, and hospitable. Desk man directed us to a good local BBQ. Pool by starlight very welcome. Breakfast promised homemade biscuits and gravy, but I'm pretty sure they were canned biscuits and package gravy. Coffee cake also tasted mixy. Oh well- no worse than the super8, and a soulfull local independent motel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank QuakerTraveler_12
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Clean, good features/amenities for the price, the staff is friendly and professional

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John M
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I travel a lot and this motel is one of best motels in which I stayed; better than the chain motels. Good breakfast, clean room and a wonderful staff was very unexspected in a snall town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim S
presque isle
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I had the recent pleasure of renting a suite at Four Season Motel. I travel, extensively, for a living and decided to skip the big chain hotels and took a chance on this place. What a wonderful experience. The owners/operators of this hotel are what makes this country so incrediblely great. Jan and her son Rodney treated me like I was a friend. They accomidated my schedule and made me feel as close to home as possible. The suite was very clean and the ajoining deck with both gas and charcoal grills where great to use as I generally do not like to eat in restaruants exclusively. I could tell that the owner, Jan, is well respected in the community as this small and quaint town seems to know her well. I never asked her, but I am sure she is very involved with the town of Mt. Vernon, Indiana. Thanks to you fine people of the Four Season Motel for a great stay. I will be sure to stay again as I will be back to the area next spring.

Room Tip: A suite, which is very large was about the same price as a regular room at the Holiday Inn Express i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sleep Inn
#1 of 6 in Henderson
Ramada Henderson / Evansville
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville

Been to Four Seasons Motel? Share your experiences!