“Good stay, breakfast stinks.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Clean rooms. Comfortable bed. Other guests were rude or inconsiderate. Continental breakfast was of substandard quality. Eggs and bacon are microwaved, gravy for the biscuits was the worst I have had in my life, and I love sausage gravy.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank lonmon10

Reviewed 27 June 2011

First off, I'm on the edge of giving them 5 stars. But "perfection" is hard to attain in this business. Here's my story.

My wife and I came into town for our son's graduation from Muncie Central High. Stayed 4 nights (Saturday thru Tuesday). Arrived late afternoon after our flight from Seattle.

We checked in but somehow the central computer had us needing a handicapped room. The desk manager immediately offered us a king suite on either the first or third floor at no additional charge. We accepted. Questions on services were all answered courteously and knowledgeably.

Our room was very nice, with a sofa (sturdy and comfortable), desk, king-size bed (firm and fine), full bath, and LCD TV mounted to the wall. The air conditioner worked as expected without issue. Refrigerator was fine and the wi-fi was very good with little lag. No surprises here.

We didn't hear many noises throughout our stay from adjacent rooms. While we didn't really use housekeeping, they were there on-time and working when we passed by. We exchanged towels and such, but that was about all.

The last night we asked if our son could stay with us (using the hid-a-bed) as we had to leave at 6 am the next morning. It would help us if he were there to go immediately rather than us have to go fetch him at his father's house and hope he was up and ready. I was willing to pay any fees for that as necessary.

The desk manager waved any extra cost off and said it would be fine if he stayed. We really appreciated that. It was a nice gesture and pushes me towards the five stars. However, the only "minuses" I found were that 1) I couldn't swivel the LCD TV on the wall much, 2) the pillows in the bed were not standard...they were short (and maybe that's the norm nowadays), and 3) the paper they received was the Wall Street Journal, which is ok but I prefer USAToday for the variety.

Breakfast was fine...nicely put together...and enjoyable. It was standard as I've experienced at other hotels. All in all it was a very positive and welcome experience. We tip our hat to the staff!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank fireballxl7
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Service at this hotel was the best we have ever received in any hotel we've ever stayed at in the last 30 years!!!!!
Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Wireless worked perfectly. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh.
ALL the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank JohnMansfieldTX
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I visit Muncie often due to my company Corporate Office being located there. I've stayed at several of the local motels, but Comfort Inn is my favorite. So when I recently transferred to a local plant, I used Comfort Inn for my temporary living. I have been staying there now since the end of November, and I've never been disapointed. I have stayed at almost all the rooms on the first floor and a significant number on the second. All have been clean. In fact, if I left a 'do not disturb' sign out the housekeepers left me a note to call them if I wanted them to come back. There ARE hot items on their menu. They have bisquits, gravy, a waffle iron, and the 'fixings' for a egg/bacon/sausage bisquit. As others pointed out the staff is excellent! I recently left some medicine that needs refrigeration in the refrigerator and didn't discover until I was at home. I called the motel, and they are kept it refrigerated until I returned Sunday night.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TerrieD
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Front desk staff is top notch! I have to give specific credit to Jared who went above and beyond all expectations in making sure that I had the best stay possible while in Muncie. This hotel was clean, modern, comfortable, and located nicely near businesses and campus. I slept comfortably every night and the shower was great in the morning. The hotel is nestled off the main road so it is also in a very quiet area. I can't say my expectations were high going in but I know that I will always be staying at this hotel in the future if I am anywhere near Muncie!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank zenreisamurai
Reviewed 18 February 2010

The internet wireless connection seemed reliable at first then I noticed a 5-10 second disconnect ever 15 minutes which is really disruptive to voice and video. This is a new hotel with lots of nice features: good breakfast, beds, staff, etc. Watch out for the Comfort Inn cancellation policies - - when registering on the Comfort Inn website, they do not show the cancellation policy until after you complete registration (which is probably illegal) and you must cancel 24 hours in advance or it's a cost of one night's fee.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank LittleBunnyFufu
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We were in town visiting relatives and I booked the hotel based on previous reviews. It was a good choice and I agree with the positive statements made by previous reviewers. The desk clerks were pleasant and helpful, the room was clean and attractive, the bed was comfortable, and there was a wide variety of food items to choose from at breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank RetiredHawkeye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Best Western Muncie
#4 of 13 in Muncie
16 mi away
Best Western Plus Anderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!