“Buffet lunch good variety and pleasant atmosphere”

Sitara Indian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 209 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Buffet lunch good variety and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Normally we eat Indian food in Indianapolis, but thought we would try Sitara Indian restaurant in Muncie, Indiana. Daily lunch buffet. Good selection including tandoori chicken, favorite naan bread, and other favorites. Spicy noodles were also a treat. The food was not overly spicy, just right. If you are in the area have lunch at Sitara.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank mjb60

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good and usually no wait for a seat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I prefer the menu but the buffet is a good choice if you want to try a few different items. Owner and wife are always present.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank patrick962
Muncie, Indiana
“Excellent Indian food in Muncie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

For many years, Muncie didn't have an Indian restaurant despite having a representative Indian community (mostly at the University or in the medical community). When Sitara came to town, the problem was solved. The food is authentic and as good as you will find at the best Indian restaurants in Indianapolis. The owners (husband and wife) are always there when the restaurant is open and are very friendly. I believe that kind of "hands on" attention is what usually makes a good restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JonMoll
Anderson, Indiana
“I really love this food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am going to start out by saying I am not a fine connoisseur of Indian cuisine and it is not something I am extremely familiar with. What I can say is my family and I often reminisce about a metal we ate 15 years ago at an Indian restaurant in New York City. Ever since then we (my family and I) have talked about that Indian food as a fond memory. So, when we found out about an Indian restaurant being located only a 20 minute drive from us here in Indiana, we were anxious to try it. I am certainly glad we did!

The first time we came to Sitara was about a month ago and my mother and I ordered two appetizers to split and the Tandoori chicken. It was amazing! We loved it so much we came back for the buffet. The buffet by far is the biggest bang for your buck!

We arrived for the buffet shortly after they opened on a Sunday and the place filled up quickly. I had the Tandoori chicken again as well as two kinds of rice, a pasta dish, lentil soup, and Pakora. The Pakora is out of this world amazing! I cannot wait to go back honestly. What is great about this food (if you are not very familiar with this cuisine) is that it is not heavy at all. When I think of a "heavy" meal I think of Chinese food or Italian. Food where after you eat it you think "oh my, why did I eat all that food?" The food at Sitara is not like that at all.

If you are not familiar with Indian food I recommend the buffet since you can try so many different things. Also, if you order Tandoori from the menu, be aware that it takes about 30 minutes to cook so be prepared to order a few appetizers to hold you over.

This is also the cleanest restaurant I think I have ever been in - seriously. The service is also extremely friendly. This is a top notch restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank GrayCatVintage
New Castle, Indiana
“A great taste of India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is not a large place and the buffet is not large, but the variety of great food is a real treat. Food, service and decor are all very good. Pricing is reasonable. We will return again for sure.

Visited October 2013