“THIS PLACE NEEDS TORN DOWN”

Red Carpet Inn Muncie
Red Carpet Inn Muncie
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Daytona Beach, Florida
“THIS PLACE NEEDS TORN DOWN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

THIS place calls it self a motel its a dump the city should move the dump there rooms are nasty no housekeeping no internet no hot water no towels sheets ect. bring your own if you want to sleep in this shelter i would rather sleep under a tree on the ground it would be cleaner the manger christina needs a new job and says shes buying the place beware dont book it or pay in cash because after 15 minutes they wont refund your money!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank eddie g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brownstown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked our room at this place well over a month before our intended stay. When we arrived at check-in we were met with a sign on the door stating that if you haven't talked with them by phone and only reserved on internet, you do not have a reservation, and "sorry for the inconvenience". In discussing this with the desk person, I was given an excuse that, for a multitude of reasons, still was the responsibility of the hotel. My internet booking stated "reservation confirmed". We did get our room key, but we did not put our belongings into the room. When we arrived back at OUR room a few hours later we found other peoples' belongings in the room. THIS HOTEL DOUBLE BOOKED AND GAVE SOMEONE KEYS TO OUR ROOM!! I am soo glad we did not put our belongings into the room at the time. We did get our payment returned but little else. All desk person MIchael could do was give excuses for the hotel not doing their job, and was told by another person standing near the desk that it was not his fault. REALLY? He works for this hotel. Anyway, we had no choice but to drive home enjoying a 2 and 1/2 hour drive at midnight. Please, read the reviews and believe them. I wish we would have.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms because you may not have a reservation, even if you think that you do.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank 52Lyn
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The phone didnt work, couldnt connect to the internet and being a single female that concerned me.. The fact that there were no cars in the parking lots also worried me. I inquired about any recent robbories and was told not to worry that I could park my car out front where there are cameras and 24/7 clerk sitting there. I finally decided I couldnt stay for FEAR that the PIMPS and his girls would show up in the evening (since all the rooms were BOOKED) and it was Saturday night.I went to the Lobby and couldnt find a soul, rang the buzzer and bell and finally someone came in thru the front door.about 10minutes later.. The mirrors on the ceiling over the pink hottub also freaked me out. I guess the old saying " You get what you pay for"" Is very true.. They did graciously refund my money and I left quietly.. Too freaky for me.

Room Tip: If you are a single MALE you might like it,, Not for a female traveling by herself!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sisdj12
milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

My family recently booked a room at the red carpet inn muncie ind . when we entered the room the first problem I found was the room was way too dark. The lamp didnot work and there was nly one light plus the bathroom light. 2nd I pulled the sheets back and found a dead BED BUG! I now gross, of course the employees made us to be liers and said they don't have BED BUGS! Will guest what RED CARPET INN (YOU DO). I will never ever stay there again, and I suggest you don't either! I'm still itching.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank red e
Crown Point, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

We booked for parents weekend at Ball State, this was listed on Expedia, the photos were wonderful. That along with the BBB (A+) on the page we felt we would try it. This was not our first choice but one of few that were available. The price seemed reasonable. As we're driving there I'm thinking ok this is a bit off the beaten path, but ok... The outside is run down, and as we rounded the building which is right next door to an auto auction...(we heard it loud and clear) we start seeing broken windows and some that appeared to be boarded up.... either way it was parents weekend we weren't going to let anything get to us. We go to check in and there's a moldy/musty smell. The guy at the counter then says both your rooms are ready, we'd only revserved one with a print out proving it... ok so on we go.... we get to the room OMG, what the hell are these people thinking..... Clean is not something I'd use in a the same sentence with the name of this place. We walk in and noticed that if it was vacuumed they didn't do anything but the main walkway. Then we enter the bathroom, that about made me lose it. I said to my husband what is this the modern day BATES MOTEL!?!?!?!?! There was drops of blood on the floor.... the mat that was in the tub could be seen even if you moved the mat the pattern stayed.... so he went down and told them what we found.... they promised to send someone up even though the man claimed he'd examined the room prior to our arrival. We leave for a couple of hours, coming back thinking this would be taken care of ..... our view of the outdoor pool to the inside courtyard... well let's see I understand draining a pool, what I don't understand is when the pool has standing water and green gunk all over it... leaving a smell as you walk out of the room, I was seriously surprized to see a duck swimming around it .... I"m thinking the content of the sludge was probably toxic. Let's just say I didn't allow my family to shower there... we used the facilities at the dorm for that.... I wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy.... Unpon leaving my husband once again went to speak to what I presume is "Management" about this situation, seeing that after they "recleaned" our room there were still droplets of blood and still a very nasty bath/shower... they couldn't be bothered. If you're looking to see if you can survive a modern day Horror then stay here, but if you want something normal and clean just past this place by. I'd be ashamed if my name were attached to this place on any level!!!!! Perhaps the owners should entertain the thought of going into a different line of business.... A Junk Yard would seem better suited to their talents that were on display!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Insulted37043
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

I came into town for a High School Reunion and while attempting to make reservations 2 weeks in advance, I realized that all the hotels in town where books for this weekend as a result of a model airplane group get together. My only recourse was to stay here at the Red Carpet Inn. I remember growing up that this was the only hotel in town and it was very nice when it was the original Holiday Inn in the 60's and 70's.
I arrived on a friday afternoon and checked in. After going to take a look at the room, I returned to the front desk and ask if they could give me another room, preferably one that had been cleaned recently and a non smoking room that had'nt been smoked in. The first room had spider cob webs in all of the corners with dead bugs all along the base boards.
My wife and I looked at the second room and although it still had some cleaning issues, we accepted it and decided to just make due with it for 2 nights until we could move to another hotel in town. The air conditioner worked good, shower had good pressure. The next day we visited some family members and returned to the hotel to get changed for the reunion. Since the few vehicles that were at the hotel where beaters, we parked my wifes new mustang 50 feet from any other vehicle, so no one would park beside us and possibly ding the doors. When we returned to the car too leave for the reunion, someone had backed into our car and smashed the rear quarter panel and of course there was no note.
I returned to the hotel after the reunion at midnight and went to bed. A few minutes later I awoke to the tune of extremely load THUG music. I got dressed and went to see the manager, passing dozens of young people drinking. He said they were having a small party, yet they were not guests staying at the hotel. Walking back to the room it appeared that this was no small party. The parking lot was now full, yet there was only about 10 guest owned vehicles. This small party had about 200 THUG guests from what I could see. I thought about calling the police, but then again I remember that I was in Muncie, IND. and they probably would'nt do anything anyway.
Instead we packed and departed Indiana at 2 a.m. It was difficult just getting out of the parking lot with all the Hoopty THUG Mobiles everywhere. Our vacation was cut short solely as a result of this Hotel that should be torn down.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank TennesseeMarine
St.joseph MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

I did check all the reviews before i get in to that hotel. Looks like this hotel is not as bad as the people are talking. when i checked up with the front desk about the reviews, they said that all the rooms were renovated in 2009 and is under new management team from 1st of march 2010. worth of money for what we are paying

• Stayed March 2010