“ewww, gross”

Red Carpet Inn Muncie
Red Carpet Inn Muncie
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Reviewed 26 April 2007

Upon arrival, the hotel was not marked with Passport Inn, it's street sign was Best Buy Inn. Passport Inn was a smaller sign on the actual building, not visible to the street.
We checked in at approx. 12:30 AM from a 5 hour drive and had to get up early. The attendant told us to go to our room by turning down the corridor, there was no corridor. Then when we questioned him, he became angry and said the outside was part of the interior of the hotel. Jeez! There were very young teenage kids smoking at the corners outside. We entered our room to see filth. There were dirty tissues on the floor, the beds had the spreads pulled up with portions of the corners laying on the floor - very sloppy. When we pulled the spreads down, the sheets and blankets were rumpled - obviously not fresh. There were no towels except a hand towel. The mirror looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. We immediately checked out deciding it would be better to sleep in our car... We were not offered a different room, they did not offer to clean the room and they refused to refund our money.
I've never experienced such a filthy place in my life! Gross!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank fbmom
There are newer reviews for Red Carpet Inn Muncie

Reviewed 20 February 2007

Dont even waste your time on this NASTY hotel.....For starters the parking lot was not clear of the 11 inches of snow they got 3 days prior we had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive. When we checked in the lady at the front desk was nice, but didnt think she could take our cash for payment due to not having any change. Then we were trying to find our room, the hallway had just about as much snow in them as outside. When we got to the room I did not reserve it was horrible. My reservations was for a queen nonsmoking jacuzzi room, the room we were given was a double smoking room. One of the beds was broken and almost laying on the floor, the ceiling was falling in, there was scuff marks all over the walls, the door would barely shut, the bathtub was leaking and was black from dirt and rust. When I went back to the desk to complain the nice lady seemed to be not so nice. I showed her my reservation and she said that was not the right price....I told her that is what was posted on the website i got it from and they wouldnt give me that price, not that i would want to see what that room looked like after seeing the 1st room. Finally the manager came out and he was rude, but i finally got my money back and we got the heck out of there......so whatever you do, dont stop or make reservations at this hotel, unless they tear it down and build a brand new one....

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Belinda Q
Reviewed 25 September 2006

Stayed on Aug 22nd and we had 3 rooms, I am not real picky about my motel stays but this was beyond bad. They should have their doors closed by the health inspectors until they get allot of repairs done. One of our party got sick because of the mold in the rooms, not only did it smell like mold you could see the mold. Your feet would stick to the carpet and you were scared to sleep in the beds. One of our party got stuck in their bathroom because there was no door handle on the door. Bathtubs were yellow and they were supposed to be white. The carpet on the walkway was coming up, a real tripping hazard. The concrete under the carpet was buckled up in a large hump; you had to climb over it. If it had just been my room, I may have thought everything can't be perfect but all three rooms where really bad and dirty. Oh yeh watch out for pricing, the couple in front of us was told one price and charged another. Both of their charges was different then ours.
Just to let you know, this is the first time in my life I have ever written anything like this, but I am afraid someone could get really sick or hurt at this place.
So until they do allot of repairs, my opinion is spend your money some place else.
It isn't all their fault of couse the inspectors are not doing their jobs either.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
8  Thank hwarren
Reviewed 11 September 2006

Where di i start ive seen dog houses cleaner not a place to take kids the pool not even open in fact they have a tarp on the day i was there so was board of health i over heard them tell them they dont know what they are doing theres black mode in the rooms i seen house keeping putting dirty sheets on the staff did more fighting then working the matence men said the (---) every other word cig buts everywhere we lost power in our room over night the water smeels like someone pee in the cup went up to the dest at 1 in the morning the lady was sleeping on the sofa the wireless internet didnt work stains on the carpet tv stations was poor i ask for more towels they said they had none got some ice out of the machine and there was bugs in it the washer and dryer didnt work i think the only thing that work in hole place was the cashier they was in hurry to get your money there was no breckfast like it says i strongly advise not to stay there

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank ohmygod1
A TripAdvisor Member
Lebanon, inDIANA
Reviewed 22 June 2006

Where to start...
The pictures on the site look nice. Thats not at a all what you'll find when you get there. The Lobby was decent looking. The parking lot was filthy. No one has picked up trash in years. The sheets had stains on them, the air conditioner was busted, the tv quality was extremely poor, the pool was so full of muck that it smelled from many feet away, the ice machine was full of bugs and not working, the washer and dryer were busted, there was brown water coming out of the faucet, I stayed one night and looked through some windows of vacant rooms and saw they were dirty. I went back there again 4 days later to pick up a friend and the rooms were still dirty and uintouched. I could barely shut the door, I had to slam it. The alarm clock was busted. The breakfast wasn't even OFFERED. I think that there were only a few people staying there so, they probably didn't feel the need to give it out. The hotel staff was lazy. She was laying down on the couch watching tv when I came up to the service desk and watched tv until commercial. Very Rude. Never asked me how my stay way. This place is disgusting, and not worth the price at all.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2006

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever seen in my life. When you first walk in there is a sign that states that "no refunds will be given after check-in". There's a reason for that sign and that is because once you check out your room and grounds your first reaction will be to leave. The rooms were disgustingly dirty, the mattress was wet, dirty linens on the floor and under the beds. I actually checked back out right after I checked in and I was not the only one to do so. There are candles burning in the lobby with a fan to help with the odor. If you plan on staying here, bring sheets and plastic because you'll need them.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank JayCee510
Reviewed 21 May 2006

If the rooms looked as good as the pics showed this place would have it made. The bed frame was bent, the Jacuzzi tub was filthy and cracked, filter was full of hair. The bath tub was terrible they had put a liner in it (along time ago it looked very bad) under the liner it was full of water very hard to keep your balance. The coffee and sugar looked like it had been there alooooog time, tables was dirty, the chair was even worse we dident even sit in it, it was sooooo dirty. We cleaned the room. They gave us a disscount. We know why now !!!!! I think,,, be better if it hired new cleaning people. No alarmclock, cups, bucket to get ice. Only 1 ice machine. No place to eat there like it says! Need better lighting for security was awaken at 4AM to beer bottles being broken in the drive couldent see what was going on at the time but seen the mess later!!!!!!!!! People standing outside the door talking very loud. Wouldent and wont go back, and wont recommend it!!!

• Stayed: May 2006