“Satisfying meal, good price”
Review of Ciudad Colonial

Ciudad Colonial
Ranked #78 of 213 Restaurants in Muncie
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Ciudad Colonial is a regular favorite of mine. Their new location behind the Muncie Mall is nicely decorated, and the atmosphere is quiet and pleasant. I enjoy the Mexican music that plays softly in the background.

The service is excellent and the waiters are very friendly. We are usually able to be in and out within 45 minutes. On our last visit, our waiter took the time to answer some questions we had regarding fruits from Mexico that are available in local grocery stores. Thank you, Arturo!

I have had the opportunity to try two new menu items recently, Fish tacos and Ceviche. These are two of my personal favorites that I have enjoyed on trips to Mexico. The ceviche was very good, although a bit heavy on onion. The fish tacos were stuffed with grilled talapia, I believe, but I prefer fried fish in mine. I wasn't as pleased with the fish tacos as with the ceviche. Another personal favorite is Arroz con pollo y camarones, rice with chicken and shrimp. Delicious! The fajitas are excellent also, and the portions large enough to share. The salsa is very good, and the chips are our favorites of all Mexican restaurants in Muncie. I have enjoyed many of the main menu items, and have never been unhappy.

The menu, service, and quality is very similar at the Walnut street location. I prefer to patronize locally owned and operated restaurants and Ciudad Colonial and Casa de Sol never disappoint.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

One of our regular stops in Muncie. Food is above average and service has been above average each time as well. Our last visit occurred when they were having AC issues- it was a little toasty for us, so I can only imagine how those working must have felt. Yet they kept smiling while running around filling orders:-) The air kicked on soon after we ordered, but the employees never missed a beat in the meantime!

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times now and always good. I believe same ownership as the Mexican place on downtown Walnut Street. Same margaritas and chips so apparently true. White cheese is great!

1  Thank Mao007
Reviewed 30 December 2011

You simply cant go wrong on this one! Great food, great service,
and alot of food for the value. Unlike the other Mexican restuarants
in town, the food here always comes to your table piping hot!
I endorse this one with the highest praise!!!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Based on trip advisor reviews, we chose this restaurant for an evening meal while traveling through Muncie.

My husband had carnitas dinner and I had the nachos. Neither of us were impressed. The nachos used white melted cheese and had few vegetables. Service was friendly and it seemed locals enjoyed the restaurant as it was getting busier as we were leaving. But we've had better Mexican food elsewhere. Interior was nothing to write home about.

Been to Ciudad Colonial? Share your experiences!