“Good value with a great location”

Fairfield Inn Muncie
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Batavia, Illinois
“Good value with a great location”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Went to a wedding and stayed overnight. The hotel was located in the middle of all the festivities, so it was great for us. After all the wedding events we went out to eat at one of the close fast food restaurants. All in all, a good price, room and location.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Steve S
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I am glad to hear you ejoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Muncie area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and pleasantly furnished - no outdated floral comforters! Service was very good, people took pride in their work and smiled genuinely. Matt at the front desk was great, I had trouble accessing the internet (no fault of the hotel), and he was able to fix my issue. Freshly baked cookies in the afternoons were a nice touch. With a few tweeks here and there, like a fitness center and perhaps organic choices at breakfast, the place could have a more up market exclusive feel - the staff are definitely up to it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sb1099
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We do pride ourselves on both our cleanliness and customer service. I can tell you we do have a full renovation planned and we will be upgrading many of the features here at the hotel. We will have a fitness room, market, guest laundry, elevator as well as full decor upgrades. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to see you again the next time you find yourself in the Muncie area.
Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I originally stayed at the Baymont in Muncie, however, the hotel was out of date and my wife was stressed out with the thought of spending 10 days there. I called the Fairfield and booked a stay for 9 days. Kearston at the front desk answered and was extremely helpful. She searched for a room so me and my family good check in early. The next morning she saw me and my son sitting at the table in the lobby and printed off some paper that my 2 year old could color on. The previous night, Matt was also extremely helpful. I stayed in to watch my 2 year old so the rest of the family could have a stress free dinner. They came back with a six pack and an expensive steak. My room didn't have a refrigerator so I called Matt and he put my food in a prep refrigerator downstairs. Basically, everyone here went out of their way when they didn't have to. Besides the excellent service, the rooms were very clean and spacey. The pool and the hot tub were also clean. For an extended stay, this was the perfect place to stay.

Thank you for the kind words. I am so happy we were able to accomodate you and your family during your extended stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The service was top notch and the room was clean as a whistle. The staff went out of there way to assist me in finding a local bakery. Fairfield has definitely started to feel like a Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Brian S
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for the kind words. My staff does work very hard to try and provide clean rooms and great service. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you find yourself in the Muncie area.

West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We took part in a 5K run in Yorktown and stayed the night before at the Fairfield Inn in Muncie. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous. The beds were comfortable. Scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles were available in addition to the usual hotel continental breakfast fare. The breakfast area was kept clean and all items were kept stocked. The water for making tea and hot chocolate could have been a little hotter.

There is no elevator so guests who have trouble climbing stairs should request a first floor room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do try to accomodate any guests who can not handle stairs so you were correct in stating that if guests can not handle stairs they should request the first floor. I can tell you also that we are scheduled for a full renovation later this year which will include the addition of an elevator.

I will make sure to bring up the hot water issue to the breakfast staff as well.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here for a Ball State weekend. Convenient location off I-69. We had double queen, connecting rooms on second floor (no elevator but there's only two floors, no impact). Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, clean/mold-free pool area that's open until midnight. Staff were all courteous/helpful.

Room Tip: If you have issues with stairs resolve them when booking (no elevator).
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
I do thank you for the kind words. Our hotel does have some obstacles that we have to overcome but we do try to make up for those by offering clean rooms and great service.

We look forward to having you stay with us agian in the future.

Hammond, IN
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night while visiting our Ball State student. It was a last minute trip and I was able to book the room through Priceline at the rate of $50, plus fees and taxes for a total of about $63.

The hotel is clean and has ample free parking. We were greeted at the desk by Matt who was very pleasant and helpful. Check in was quick and easy and the room was big and clean. There was in room coffee available and plenty of towels.

They offer a free breakfast which included coffee, tea, juices, bagels, English muffins and other assorted breads along with various accompaniments including peanut butter and cream cheese. There were fresh waffles available as well as assorted cereals and fresh fruit. There were also eggs and sausage patties which looked very unappetizing. The breakfast area was very clean.

Overall a very good stay for a good price. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you don't want to climb the stairs request a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and the kind words. I will make sure to pass along the compliments to my staff. Also I will make sure to check with our breakfast hostess to make sure we are doing everything possible to make the eggs and sausage look more appetizing.

We look forward to having you stay with us again during future visits to the Muncie area.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Aaron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!