“Would be Three Star but Four Star due to helpful & friendly staff.”

Fairfield Inn Muncie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Muncie
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Would be Three Star but Four Star due to helpful & friendly staff.”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Four star rating due to helpful and friendly staff.

I had a standard room with King Bed. Beds were comfortable. I am pretty picky about beds. Room was clean. Bathroom fine.

Breakfast was quite satisfactory. Lots of choices. Today, there was real scrambled eggs [not the pre-fab frozen cheese layered "mini-omelettes" that we get some places.] Also waffles, and a decent number of choices for yogurt, cut fruit, muffins/bagels/bread, cold cereals, oatmeal, etc.

A very convenient location. The hotel staff was great.

Cons: There is also a whirlpool.. Barely any of the jets were working even after resetting the emergency stop button and turning on the timer. .

Room Tip: No elevator for guests; so 2nd floor quieter; cleaning staff offered to help carry bags after I lef...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in the end of June 2013. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast is...ok...not great, but it's free. The waffles are tasty but the eggs are microwaved. There's an IHOP and Concannon's Bakery within walking distance if you want other options. This is not a 5 star hotel, but it does what it does very well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

After reading many reviews on both TripAdvisor and Expedia we settled on staying at the Fairfield Inn for a quick overnight trip to Muncie for a family baptism. As I start most of my reviews by stating - if you want all of the creature comforts of home - stay home AND if you treat people with kindness, you will get kindness in return!

We checked in briefly, gave our suite the once over for cleanliness and bed bugs and it passed all of the checks. My husband works for the health department so those are two of his important issues with a room as well as safety. We went out for the evening to visit with family and returned quite late, but still in time for a trip to the pool - which while it was not as hot as I would have liked it to be, my husband often explains that when it is hotter, it breeds more germs - so...once you got in and got to swimming or playing with the kids - it was fine. My boys both enjoyed it and we had a great play time in the pool. Even inflatables for the kids to play with along the side of the pool. Pool starts at 3' and goes to 5'. There is also a whirlpool.

I returned back to my room and discovered that the toilet was backed up. A quick call down to the front desk and the fabulous desk clerk quickly offered to change my room - now again, this was not a busy weekend for Ball State so there were available rooms. We had to downgrade to a standard room, but really it worked out fine as the standard room seemed to have more room anyway. If you want a couch, chairs, and table to relax - then get the suite. We just needed extra sleeping space and room for a cot - and actually the double queen was better.

Beds were comfy. Rooms were clean (both). Bathroom functioning. Doors locked. All great features.

Breakfast was fine. Again, if you want five star dining for breakfast - then go to a five star dining experience. They had scrambled eggs and sausage patties, make your own waffles, and then the usual assortment of yogurts, fruit, muffins, cereals, etc. Again...if you are looking for a buffet - then go down the road.

The hotel is in a great location with easy access to Ball State, WalMart, plenty of restaurants, and main roads. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others. The hotel staff were friendly both on check in and check out as well as additional assistance. Parking lot was near the main door entrance. Easy to find. Worth the money!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room - while you will want to make sure your curtains are closed when you are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lake Norman, NC
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed at plenty of FFI's, but this one was a little on the lower end of the scale. I really could have used an elevator with my luggage, but not a big problem. My room overlooked the highway at the rear of the building. Not a big deal, but some of the passing vehicles sounded like they were in my room with me. The hotel is not the newest or freshest I've been in, but that's OK too. All in all, I wasn't expecting much and this place fit the bill. Next time in the area, I'll look for better options as my first choice, but I would not mind staying here again if it was the only place available.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. Guest feedback, both positive and negative, are taken seriously at our location.

I am happy to inform you that we will be undergoing a complete renovation later this year. This will include all new furniture and carpet, as well as the addition of a fitness room, guest laundry, business center and an elevator. I do hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future and experience these improvements first hand.

Have a great day and thank you for staying with us at the Muncie Fairfield Inn.

Aaron Hymes
Reviewed 14 June 2013

If you're looking for a hotel to stay in that is close to Ball State, I definitely suggest this one. Astonishingly clean rooms, very comfortable bed (I wanted to take the blankets and pillows home with me!), no noisy neighbors, extremely friendly staff all around, and it wasn't crowded at the pool or elsewhere despite the massive amount of people here for Ball State's orientation.

I would say, though, if you're bringing kids who are excited about the pool, they might be a little let down, especially if you don't end up getting the pool to yourself. The pool is tiny and only goes to 5ft and the hot tub is insanely small. Having to share it with someone you don't know would be pretty awkward!

Other than the small pool area, I had absolutely no issues with this hotel and will definitely be staying here any time I come to Muncie in the future!

• Stayed June 2013
Lowell, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is our second stay here. Great staff, extremely clean rooms, pool and breakfast area. Great location and omfy beds. We have a daughter attending Ball State and this hotel is close and a great price.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Muncie, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I am thrilled to hear you had a good stay with us. And furthermore, I'm glad to hear we have improved over your first visit. Hopefully we will continue to exceed your expectaions with our renovation we have planned for later this year.

We look forward to seeing you over the years as your daughter attends Ball State.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay for the week we were there. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was so friendly and you could tell had a great healthy working environment. The rooms were clean and the pool was great for our 3 boys. Thank you again for everything! We will be back!

• Stayed May 2013
Cleanliness and excellent service are the two things I have preached to my staff since I arrived here almost 7 years ago. I'm glad to hear that you experienced both while staying with us.

We absolutely look forward to having you back when you return to the Muncie area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muncie
Hampton Inn & Suites Muncie
Baymont Inn & Suites Muncie Near Ball State University
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 13 in Anderson

Been to Fairfield Inn Muncie? Share your experiences!