“Impeccable service, but it's pricey.”
Review of Cafe Borgia

Cafe Borgia
Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Munster
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Established in 1986, Cafe Borgia features the Italian specialties of Chef-owner Mike Jesso. A popular meeting place in Chicagoland, this northwest Indiana eatery is known for homemade menu offerings in an artistic atmosphere. With high praise for it's wine list from ZAGAT, Chef Jesso has had recipies featured in Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines. The Chef's Garden enhances the dining experience.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The food is fine, the service is excellent (some members of our group have said they felt it was smothering and overbearing - I disagree - it is classy.) The prices are Little Italy, New York, not Chicago. Drinks and wines are marked way-up. The menu is extensive and the meal will not disappoint.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The move here from Lansing, Il came with a few changes. More room, more parking...more noise.
Lots of noise in the main dining area. If you want to have a conversation, eat by the bar in a more secluded area. Main room is VERY noisy...side party room is fine. Food is usually very good...a bit pricey for proportions. Good food...overall...just too noisy.

1  Thank eyeu
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The menu is full of WONDERFUL selections, serving sizes are enough to make another great meal for the next day. The staff is very attentive to diners wants and needs. When I commented on how good the service is the bus person and waiter made it known the owner Karen paid her help very well . I was very impressed by owner Karen sitting at the first table greeting diners coming in. Karen walked a round checking with her clients to make sure every thing was to there satisfaction. I made mention to my wife how many client gave Karen a loving hug. This is a very special restaurant with a very SPECIAL OWNER.

1  Thank Wally L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We used to go to this little gem back in the early nineties. The place was so tiny, maybe 10 tables at most. The lines to get in would wind around through the kitchen and back around to the front door. The reason is because of the FABULOUS food.
Since then they have moved into a Beautiful building. Hand blown glass light fixtures. Hand painted mosaics on the walls. Warm, Italian feel.
Everything is still delicious. I just had the Cannaloni. DELICIOUS.
One problem ..---Since the move one item has changed. The seared scallops with garlic mayo has not been the same since 1998. Sorry.
I never liked scallops until My husband , boyfriend then , turned me on to these. OMG. They were seared to perfection with a light, thin, creamy garlic sauce.
We went once a week to get them.
They still have them on the menu. Never have been the same since the move. I've tried them about 3 times. The scallops are the same but the sauce is thick and gooey . Not as good as thin an delicious. Maybe I'll try them one more time. They used to be that good.
I said something once, but management said they never changed the recipe.
I can still taste how good they used to be.
At least I had an order of melt in your mouth Cannaloni.
I'll be back.
My little girls refer to the place as the good Italian restaurant with the most beautiful bathrooms.
Check it out.

1  Thank Julie I
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have discussed my visits here with a number of friends and aquaintences and all were in agreement. So, it is not just me. The meals I have had have never disappointed me but being seated in the main dinning room is like eating in a gymnasium full of noisy fans.A table in the Bar or in the smaller dinning room is a must. The servers are helpful and courteous. I will go back with a reseration, which I do recommend. If I cannot get a table in the bar or the smaller dinning room than I will go somwhere else. I have friends who will not go there at all.

1  Thank MichaelS4913028

Been to Cafe Borgia? Share your experiences!