“Fantastic Stay for a Large Group at the Nappannee Inn!”
Review of The Nappanee Inn

The Nappanee Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Nappanee B&B and Inns
Annandale, Virginia
“Fantastic Stay for a Large Group at the Nappannee Inn!”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our large group stayed at the Nappanee Inn this past weekend. We booked every last room in the inn! They could not have been more accommodating! The staff was very friendly; they went out of their way to do so many nice things for our group. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. It was such a nice home away from home for our group for 5 days. We ate the most fantastic group dinner at the Amish Acres and they accommodated our group of 130 people with ease! We loved it! I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Eaton, Ohio
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed at The Nappanee Inn this past weekend. Definitely does NOT live up to its appearance on website. Stairwell carpeting was dirty and had holes. Bath towels were actually frayed at the edges -- I've used better to wash my car! Bottom sheet was too small for mattress and was so thin you could see through it . Quilt tops were missing threads and could have used a good laundering. Not worth the money even for the $99 special they were running which included a "thresher's dinner" that was a meager selection of cafeteria quality food. Don't waste your time or money. Amish country is beautiful but the accommodations here are POOR!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Nappanee Inn
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karol R

Travellers are raving about these Nappanee hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This place is spotless clean & very homely. In an Amish community, the feel of the hotel is simple and clean. Young Jude on the reception desk is very helpful indeed. I checked-in early & he organized a room to be ready to accommodate me in a rush. A beautiful place with an outdoor pool. The hand-made quilts in the rooms & on display were of high quality. The breakfast was exceptional. I can't praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Stephen A
Grant, Michigan
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked a special deal with Amish Acres and you start here and get your tickets, etc.
After reading the reviews here I was concerned but we found no real issues here---just an decent place to stay overnight.
Trains did not bother us---some are gone in less than fifty seconds, not a big deal for us, and our room was the closest one to the tracks. We slept fine.
Breakfast was modest but did the job. The room was filled with customers, but there was enough food for everyone. Do not expect a lot of choices.
The staff was very nice to us in all of our contacts.
It was just fine for one night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Impala guy
Steger, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The girl at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but the room is not worth the $130(with tax) dollars they wanted to charge us for our stay bed were mushy and you could feel the springs and the trains are very loud. Upon arriving there was a sign up by the pool entrance stating that the pool was closed, when we had asked about it they told us they did not know why the sign was there but the pool should be open.(they did not remove the sign) When I went outside to check out the pool (which looked like it had not been taken care of for days) I got locked out and had to walk around the building through the back gate to get back by the room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
IAAGM, General Manager at The Nappanee Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We like to use these reviews to better serve our customers. Our pool is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. If the pool closed sign was on during the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm when they pool should have been open, we are sorry for the inconvinience and the front desk staff should have removed it. As far as the maintainence on the pool, we were experiencing some issues with our filter last week which was depositing filter sand on the bottom of the pool. It was being maintained every day but the filter continued to deposit the sand. It was not dirt, but sand from the filter. Our pools undergo random inspections from the county health department and have passed those inspections to operate under our commercial swimming pool license. Sorry for an inconvinience this may have caused, but we have fixed the issue with the filter for future guests.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding, for $84 a night, what a huge disappointment. The girl that took the reservation was not friendly at all. After coming home I developed welts that look like bed bug bites. Called the hotel, the gm, Brian, was very rude, very insistent that they did not have bed bugs and told me they had to be from something else. Comforters did not look clean and there was brown splatter underneath the lampshades.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
IAAGM, General Manager at The Nappanee Inn, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We use these review to continually improve our service to our guest. As you can imagine, when a guest states that they received bug bites, it is very concerning and I must say this is the first time I have ever heard this complaint from a guest staying in our hotel. This situation was no different. I do remember speaking with you as you are the only person who has ever made this claim of our hotel. If I came off as rude, that was not my intention, but I was rather trying to explain how we clean our rooms and the inspections that I do personally in order to ensure the safety of our guests. I received called you imeediately when my front desk staff alerted me of your claim.

My first reaction was to make sure you were ok and asked if you had it checked by a doctor. When asked this question, you stated that you had not seen a doctor and that you weren't interested in doing so. I went on to explain how we go about cleaning our rooms and why I was 99% sure that what you had described to me was not a bed bug bite.

My staff and I are trained to recognize the signs of any type of infestation in our hotel and I am alerted immediately if there is something that looks remotely suspicious. I also randomely inspect rooms for this reason. I have never found any or received a complaint about this issue in the past and have not since you left and many people have stayed in that same room since.

I would like to remind future guests that our hotel is not located in the city, but rather on the outskirts of town right across from a corn field. This guest arrived in the height of mosquito season in mid-August. While we did not see her specific bug bites, it is possible that she received mosquito bites while attending the wedding they were here for and mistook them for something in the hotel. Our hotel is very clean and our staff takes great pride in the product we offer to our guests every day.
mystic
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Amish run - very modest services, friendly staff. Clean room, no fridge or microwave. Decent continental breakfast. Hall carpets somewhat stained and frayed but rooms are fine. Don't expect ESPN on TV channel selections! Very quiet during my stay until a train passes by.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank winston b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nappanee
The Inn at Amish Acres
Wyndham Garden Warsaw
Homespun Country Inn
Homespun Country Inn
#1 of 5 in Nappanee

Been to The Nappanee Inn? Share your experiences!