“room horrible”

Ranked #4 of 5 Nappanee B&B and Inns
chicago
“room horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went to the arts and craft festival 2013. The package is economical. I had not inspected the room at check in. When I returned to the room after dinner, attending arts show and the play which ended around 10 pm, I notice the room at the Nappanee Inn was in HORRIBLE, UNSAFE AND UNSANITARY condition.

The room looked as if it had not been occupied or cleaned in months if not years. The bathroom door was full of dust; carpet in room and hallways were full of stains and smelled; one of the beds in the room had hair in between the sheets; coffee pot was dirty; mattresses, bedspreads and sheets on both beds were extremely worn.

The room I occupied had a damaged entry door and still used a key as oppose to the card entry system which are installed on the other rooms. The door looked as if it had been kicked-in recently which made me feel extremely uneasy. I had traveled alone and paid approximately $88 more for the package.

My safety was a major concern along with the unsanitary condition of the room. This lead me to request another room. My request was denied and I had a sleepless night.

YOU TRULY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN ROOM ACCOMIDATIONS WITH THE $99 PACKAGE!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank weekend386

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
LaPorte, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

First off, we got there and we had no towels, soap, or shampoo. Could not call the front desk by pressing zero. Had to trek down to the front desk and tell them all we needed. They gave us towels, but no soap or shampoo. The toilet was dirty, the shower had a black bath mat inside that looked as if it was moldy. Of course we couldn't shower because we had no soap or shampoo! Then, I pull the covers and sheet back, and the bottom sheet was full of dried blood stains. Not really what I want to be sleeping on. They did bring me a new sheet, I will give them that. But, then again, shouldn't it have been clean in the first place? Yeah, it was probably washed, but really, would you want to sleep on someone else's blood stains? I sure didn't! Definitely will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try another facility altogether!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christine N

Travellers are raving about these Nappanee hotels

silver spring
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Local rugby team stayed here for a national tournament. Rooms were clean and maintained very well, but the showers were a bit noisy and there were very few channels on the tv. Breakfast buffet was small but adequate. Outside they had a pool and a nice back lawn and fire pit to use.

York, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

The people who run the Nappanee Inn were extremely accommodating. Anything we asked for we received. This hotel is a great value and it's in a convenient location minutes from downtown. We hope we are coming back again to visit.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

We had a huge group stay at the Nappanee Inn this past weekend,.... actually filling every room in the hotel. The owners couldn't have been more accommodating to our group. It was our home away from home for 5 great days. It's an old-fashioned hotel with true old-fashioned hospitality! It may not be fancy but it's clean and comfortable. Bring your hair dryer and leave your hassles at home,... you can't help but relax with the trains rolling by and the beautiful surroundings.

Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Our large group stayed at the Nappanee Inn this past weekend. We booked every last room in the inn! They could not have been more accommodating! The staff was very friendly; they went out of their way to do so many nice things for our group. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. It was such a nice home away from home for our group for 5 days. We ate the most fantastic group dinner at the Amish Acres and they accommodated our group of 130 people with ease! We loved it! I would highly recommend staying there.

Eaton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed at The Nappanee Inn this past weekend. Definitely does NOT live up to its appearance on website. Stairwell carpeting was dirty and had holes. Bath towels were actually frayed at the edges -- I've used better to wash my car! Bottom sheet was too small for mattress and was so thin you could see through it . Quilt tops were missing threads and could have used a good laundering. Not worth the money even for the $99 special they were running which included a "thresher's dinner" that was a meager selection of cafeteria quality food. Don't waste your time or money. Amish country is beautiful but the accommodations here are POOR!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Nappanee Inn
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karol R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nappanee
The Inn at Amish Acres
#1 of 6 in Goshen
Homespun Country Inn
Homespun Country Inn
#1 of 5 in Nappanee

Been to The Nappanee Inn? Share your experiences!