“Needs new life”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had the family style dinner last night. This is the second visit in three months. I have to say we were completely disappointed in the dinner and service. The amount of food offered for $18.95 a person just doesn't cut it. I recently had a family style dinner at Zehnder's, Frankenmuth. Hands down the best family style dinner and food. Amish Acres needs to step up it's game. The chicken was one breast a thigh and two very small wings for 4 adults along with 4 quarter slices of a piece of ham that lacked flavor. For $80.00 you would expect a better meal. I will not be eating here anymore unless they do some changes in their meal content and presentation.

2  Thank Irshlord

Reviewed 23 December 2013

A great place for a family reunion. Full meal with comfortable and friendly setting. Friendly service and very aattentive.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had one "OZ" of a time yesterday, Saturday, November 30th. It was my birthday and along with husband, daughter and son-in-low, we enjoyed a wonderful production of The Wizard of Oz at the Round Barn Theater at Amish Acres. After that, we walked across a quaint courtyard to the restaurant to enjoy The Thresher's Dinner. What a feast! You had a choice of 2 meats and the rest of the food was brought to the table "family style"! Soup, homemade bread, homemade butter, apple butter, veggies, stuffing, etc. Staff was very attentive and brought seconds immediately upon request. Save room for the scrumptious desserts---fruit and cream pies...yum. This wonderful spot makes it perfect to enjoy a "special event" by taking in a wonderful play and then dinner or lunch. I would consider it a "One tank trip"---you won't be disappointed. This was my first time there and I loved it. Will recommend to many others and I plan to go back sometime soon.

Mary M.
Hobart, IN

2  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 15 November 2013

You had better get there early. We visited Friday night at about 6:00 and they ran out of chicken for the "all-you-can-eat" dinner. There wasn't even enough to finish serving our table, but they had let us all order it without mentioning that they would soon run out. Our server made it right, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

1  Thank E S
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Earlier this week we went to the sneak peak of the theme dinners. They host these about twice during each run of a musical at certain times. We had never been before and thought we'd check it out.

Because this was an overview of next years offerings the meal consisted of different things "titled for different shows". It was a buffet so you could have as much as you wanted and though some offerings didn't do much for us, others we loved. For instance they had a jalapeno cream cheese type dip as an appetizer that I would have loved to take home! They also had that amazing broccoli/bacon type salad (think maybe it's called calico salad) that they I think said was "green" salad either for Shrek or Little shop of horrors, I can't remember.

Anyway, the loft of the barn was lit up with fabulous little lights and it was a fun change of pace from the usual threshers dinner. If your a regular there I highly recommend mixing it up and trying a theme dinner when they offer them.

Been to Amish Acres Restaurant Barn? Share your experiences!